What's new

Synapse Audio x Hans Zimmer (soon?)

Would this be as wanted if HZ wouldn’t be a part of it?
Yeah probably. Personally I couldn't care less that the HZ name is attached to the product.

I think old analog stuff sounds amazing but I have zero nostalgia. All of the serious emulations out there are way too close to the original hardware units IMO.

What interests me is really what The Legend HZ is doing: packaging the emulation DSP with a modern workflow, modulations, and effects. If anything I'd say The Legend HZ could have gone even further in this direction but I imagine Synapse being a one man company makes this extremely hard. Hopefully they will make tons of money out of this product and release more stuff like this.

Would this be as wanted if HZ wouldn’t be a part of it? Don’t get me wrong I will buy it when it comes (if I’m still alive).
It wouldn't be as wanted if the Dune 2 movie soundtrack in particular weren't a part of it. (I do have Dark ZebraHZ, mainly for the free upgrade to Zebra 3, but I find the music and the movie it's associated with a lot less appealing, and I've never used it for anything.)

I am still stuck at someone not liking Diva's factory bank with few exceptions and preferring Oxide.
Taste is truly very personal.
I am now curious what factory bank they like.

rsp

I am still stuck at someone not liking Diva's factory bank with few exceptions and preferring Oxide.
Taste is truly very personal.
I am now curious what factory bank they like.

rsp
To be clear, I was referring to the Oxide Diva soundbank by The Unfinished, not UAD's Oxide. Diva's factory presets remind me of cheesy boring old-fashioned synth sounds from cheesy old scifi shows/movies with terrible special effects that they only used because they didn't have anything better. I like the factory banks in Repro-5 and Bazille. Don't have Synapse Obsession but the factory presets sound pretty good. I love the factory presets in Equator2, Cypher2, Moog Mariana, Kult, and Generate.

The association with the Dune 2 soundtrack suggests that the Legend HZ presets will sound more modern and more interesting. If it were just a bunch of vintage Moog presets I wouldn't be interested. (Got Arturia's Minimoog for free and have never even bothered installing it. Actually, what first got me interested in Moog was when The Unfinished mentioned that Generate sounds kind of Moog-like.)

Last edited:
Having HZ attached to it is definitely the biggest selling point for me and is the main reason why I’m excited about it, had this just been a standard update for The Legend I probably would’ve just said “oh cool, that looks nice, don’t know if I need it but it sounds good”, whereas knowing that these are all features that HZ requested and worked with Synapse to develop made this an instant buy for me, same goes with pretty much any product with a big composer attached like JXL Brass, HZ Strings, etc.

Hi. Yes i got you meant the unfinished bank. To each their own.
That you like obsession factory bank though explains why we have completely different taste.

I on the other hand like only one patch on the entire obsession factory bank. The one patch done by big tone.

i like the repro bank, electric himalaya being one of my top five favourite sound designers means I like a lot in equator 2 and cypher 2.

we part company again with the dawsome synth and for the most part the generate factory bank.

But yes to each their own.
I love the legend hz bank thoughz hopefully we aren't opposites in that too. :)
rsp

Last edited:
Yeah probably. Personally I couldn't care less that the HZ name is attached to the product.

I think old analog stuff sounds amazing but I have zero nostalgia. All of the serious emulations out there are way too close to the original hardware units IMO.

What interests me is really what The Legend HZ is doing: packaging the emulation DSP with a modern workflow, modulations, and effects. If anything I'd say The Legend HZ could have gone even further in this direction but I imagine Synapse being a one man company makes this extremely hard. Hopefully they will make tons of money out of this product and release more stuff like this.
Synapse is two people actually. Marcin does graphics and Mac side iirc.

While Synapse Dune featured native MTS-ESP support, it doesn't appear that their new The Legend HZ does...

Hopefully it will be discovered to have undocumented support. May test the demo at some point.

Top Bottom