What's new

Symphobia price reduction...what to buy?

Jono

The 2016 edition of Symphobia has just been reduced by €100....annoyingly I bought it last week but I've received a €100 Euro voucher......what should I buy?

Was looking at truestrike or orchestral brass classic. What would you buy if you had the voucher?

It basically depends on what you alrdeay have. Do you own another Brass or percussion library?

Orchestral brass classic is still surprisingly quite great compared to what's being produced nowadays. It's in my template and one of my main brass ensemble sounds. I like using it with Iceni Low Brass to add more grit but it's alrdeay totally great on its own!

True strike is also a very good library if you don't already own percussion samples. Otherwise it can be redundant.

Personnaly, since I already have both of these libraries, I would buy Swing with your voucher to add a jazzy touch to one of my templates.

Thanks guys. I'm just finding my feet with this. I've got Albion One and Symphobia. Both have been useful so far but will be looking to pick up one or two that are no ensembles...

Thanks guys. I'm just finding my feet with this. I've got Albion One and Symphobia. Both have been useful so far but will be looking to pick up one or two that are no ensembles...
Jono,

I'm in the market for an orchestral library, and I have been looking at both Symphobia 1 and Albion ONE for my first library. Any recommendations on which way to go? I will mainly be using the library for film and TV writing.

Thanks!
Mark

Hi Mark

Firstly, both are very good libraries and are more flexible than I first thought. If you're going for one of the two, I'd recommend Symphobia first given your intended use. The multis are particularly useful for writing quickly and are arranged by theme- action, suspense etc.

If I had a €100 voucher I would get Lumina because I'm going to be doing music that requires just that type of library. Watch Guy Rowland's highly entertaining videos on Lumina.

But from what you say you have for example, Symphobia and Albion One. Either are great sounding but they are BIG.

A lot of the time BIG sounding string sections etc are not required. Smaller sections are needed so unless you don't have it, I would certainly look to Sable, probably one of the most useful libraries on the planet if you're doing less big sounding music.

Or, with the voucher I would certainly look at VirHarmonic's Bohemian Solo violin. One of the best sounding solo violins available and currently under further development.

Last edited:
Top Bottom