What's new

Sunset Strings - A Truly Unique Approach to String Libraries

We have a Version 1.1 update, which you can get through Native Access in the "Available Updates" section. Nothing major, but it addresses these things:

New: Expression knob can now control Expression directly, even without using CC11
New: Other CC numbers can be assigned to this knob by right-clicking
Bug Fix: Velocities now work for Shorts (Staccatos, etc.) Not sure how that got broken, but wow!
Bug Fix: Display now glows when only Top Layer is active.
Bug Fix: Attack and Release Switches no longer mysteriously disappear. Another yikes!
Bug Fix: Proper mouseover graphic for Link button

Plus the most annoying (to me) issue was when you first loaded it, the version number said "Version 0.92." (There's always something I forget to do when I update!) It now shows "Version 1.1." And yes, I know this is really more of a 1.01 update than a 1.1 update, but I don't like how 1.01 looks. So there!

Plus the most annoying (to me) issue was when you first loaded it, the version number said "Version 0.92." (There's always something I forget to do when I update!) It now shows "Version 1.1." And yes, I know this is really more of a 1.01 update than a 1.1 update, but I don't like how 1.01 looks. So there!
😆 I´m so with you as an perfectionist 🙈😃

I really like this piece. Are there other libraries in there or is this all Sunset Strings?
Thank you. Sunset Strings and a synthplug layered with harp layered almost in audible and me playing electric guitar and now that I listen to it I recall some Iceni Brass to strengthen the build up. But it was primarily made to showcase some articulations of Sunset Strings. There are I think at least three instances.

Update! Been playing with it tonight, and its exceptional - with a bit of tweaking it blends fantastically with my current libraries. Needless to say, Sunset Strings will most certainly be part of my current and future work as well as some demo's that i've got lined up after the summer :).

Most importantly; the library is extremely inspirational. Very happy with it.

And do any of the bends sync to tempo?
There are two "speeds" for the slow bends, but they're not tempo locked. We might try to do a Time-Maschine thing to make them tempo adjustable, but I'm skeptical of how clean that will sound.

How long is the intro price good for?
I honestly don't know. The intro price was supposed to end months ago, but it's still selling really well, so I'm struggling between "I said the intro price would end a few weeks after release, so I need to stick to that!" and "But ... if I raise the price to the $299 list price, people might stop buying it. If I'm in this business to make money, why would I do that???"

Both thoughts are valid, but I'm leaning towards thought #2. I'm guessing that I'll run out of "buy now" people pretty soon, so my current plan is to wait until sales slow down (I figure at least a couple weeks?), then I'll raise the price to list.

There are two "speeds" for the slow bends, but they're not tempo locked. We might try to do a Time-Maschine thing to make them tempo adjustable, but I'm skeptical of how clean that will sound.

I honestly don't know. The intro price was supposed to end months ago, but it's still selling really well, so I'm struggling between "I said the intro price would end a few weeks after release, so I need to stick to that!" and "But ... if I raise the price to the $299 list price, people might stop buying it. If I'm in this business to make money, why would I do that???"

Both thoughts are valid, but I'm leaning towards thought #2. I'm guessing that I'll run out of "buy now" people pretty soon, so my current plan is to wait until sales slow down (I figure at least a couple weeks?), then I'll raise the price to list.
Thanks for the response!

With regards to the intro pricing, regardless of when/if the price goes up to $299, I would recommend announcing an official end date, with a reasonable amount of time remaining for people who want it, to get it at the reduced price. Two weeks would be a good amount, I think. So if you decide to end the intro period on June 30th, then put that notice on your website on or before June 15th.

I'm just waiting on what happens with the upcoming spring sales from other developers to decide on what (if anything) I get for this "round" of sales.

What if it leaves at $200 and keep flowing the sales and make that amount for production of others upcoming tittles for this series?

And also this will give us more time to order Sunset when we have the opportunity

I have yet to download the latest Player version, but this is a wonderful library out of the gate. Everytime I come back to it, it never fails to inspire... definitely has that "it" factor.

Apologies if this was already covered in the previous pages, but will it be possible someday to separate out the cellos with their own volume control?

Top Bottom