What's new

Staffpad 2021 Black Friday Sale is on till December 3rd

Yes, that is kind of overdue. I meant the aforementioned "two more updates this year" which was sort of out of character for Staffpad.

And now: silence

Unsettling

Okay, so I’m getting Staffpad. I want to get a library, in this sale, but not sure what I need. I’ve researched DAW orchestral libraries way more than StaffPad libraries. I will be doing orchestral/piano classical and trailer. I am not expecting DAW performance, of course. This is a composition tool, not a production tool.

What is a basic all around package for StaffPad, to start, like a BBCSO Core, HOOPUS, Berlin Berklee on a DAW, to grab during this sale? Are there equivalents? All I see are individual libraries.

Okay, so I’m getting Staffpad. I want to get a library, in this sale, but not sure what I need. I’ve researched DAW orchestral libraries way more than StaffPad libraries. I will be doing orchestral/piano classical and trailer. I am not expecting DAW performance, of course. This is a composition tool, not a production tool.

What is a basic all around package for StaffPad, to start, like a BBCSO Core, HOOPUS, Berlin Berklee on a DAW, to grab during this sale. Are there equivelants? All I see are individual libraries.
There are no complete packages. Only individual libraries. Make Berlin Strings your first purchase. The complete Berlin orchestral libraries should be your first focus. The only piano you need be concerned with is CinePiano.

There are no complete packages. Only individual libraries. Make Berlin Strings your first purchase. The complete Berlin orchestral libraries should be your first focus. The only piano you need be concerned with is CinePiano.
Yep, the general consensus around here seems to be that the Berlin sections were beautifully implemented to Staffpad, and personally, Ive found them really wonderful. I'd recommend starting with Berlin sections.

Thanks for the concise and clear advice! That’s def what I’ll do.

I plan to buy a new ipad next year, can I take advantage of this sale?
Problem is the libraries are bought inside the actual app. You might be able to find a workaround if you have an apple device that has an m1 processor since they can run mobile apps. You might also be able to purchase the libaries through the app store online - never tried this.

I plan to buy a new ipad next year, can I take advantage of this sale?
Not sure about Apple, but I bought my Windows version using my Windows desktop PC before I bought my Surface Pro and I was able to use the App with just the mouse and I could buy the ingame instruments.

Apparently they've already started beta testing the new update, so there's still hope for a 2021 release.
I'm super happy to hear this - I purchased last night with a bit of trepidation, knowing about the ownership change and seeing no major updates for a while, but couldn't help myself :) Even with my older surface which is a bit underpowered, the experience has been wonderful compared to other notation apps I've used.

Perhaps I'll heed the advice above and take the opportunity to grab Berlin woods/brass/strings and Cineperc&pianos before the sale is up!

Previously, when Cinesamples has had 50% off sales for their standard Kontakt libraries, Staffpad has also had them for sale at that rate. I hope they do more of those (currently they're 30% off at the Staffpad store even though their Kontakt libraries are 50% off for Black Friday).

Top Bottom