What's new

StaffPad 1.5 out now (was: A StaffPad update including audio support could come next week)

Definitely looking forward to this. Can take DAW based synth/effects, import into StaffPad to orchestrate, then back to DAW. While Audio may not be considered conventional inside a notation app, really creative feature idea that has many opportunities for use in one's workflow.

Humans, we are a gossipy bunch, we can help share info we know but others don't.
That's not the point. Beta testers sign a legally binding agreement not to divulge information publicly. But this is worse- they are not just telling people they are a tester but are revealing release information to boot. I don't care what planet you are from, this is not just bad judgment, it's a blatant violation of the NDA this person signed...

Definitely looking forward to this. Can take DAW based synth/effects, import into StaffPad to orchestrate, then back to DAW. While Audio may not be considered conventional inside a notation app, really creative feature idea that has many opportunities for use in one's workflow.
It also makes to picture scoring much easier. Definitely looking forward to it.

It's happening. And there's tempo mapping right in the app. And the little video of all the steps with new features used in the making of symphony teaser abounds in interesting features. Also, there seems to be something like expansions going on...

I have put together a YouTube playlist of the new 1.2 videos

Thank you! Well I have to say, Staffpad keeps surpassing my wildest dreams. I also love the little enhancements like pizz/Arco improvements and the new standardized way of adding Bartok pizz.

This is sooo promising, considering there is another update forthcoming in the near future.

I would love to see dragging notes get a treatment for inversions and reversals.
Also, can't wait to try the new features!

Thank you! Well I have to say, Staffpad keeps surpassing my wildest dreams. I also love the little enhancements like pizz/Arco improvements and the new standardized way of adding Bartok pizz.

This is sooo promising, considering there is another update forthcoming in the near future.

I would love to see dragging notes get a treatment for inversions and reversals.
Also, can't wait to try the new features!
Some of the videos cover previously released features but for some reason they have only just released videos on them.

Yes, I realized. My guess is they've been working their butts off to get this right and out in the open before 2022 arrives and only now got around to doing other stuff. The scope of this update alone seems to be much bigger than I expected and now I can only imagine the workload for the second one they announced

Addendum: also, I am so curious to try and import stuff from the NI expansions into Staffpad. I mean the oneshots and loops. It would be awesome if I could use the Maschine or KK browser to zero in on the sound and then dragndrop it into Staffpad. Elements is exciting, too, but I actually have this hangar full to the brim with audio already just waiting to enhance or spark an arrangement

Top Bottom