What's new

Spitfire Westworld competition

Definitely! Had to go through my browsing history and find it... Luckily I remembered watching it right after uploading mine so it narrowed it down... Glad I could be of help restoring your sanity!
Hahahahaha!!!! Amazing that you found it!! BURIED TREASURE!!!! Please have a magnificent weekend, PeeWee!!!! All the raddest :) And thanks again!!!

Haha utterly late to the party on this one - but thought I'd share my entry at this point

Never tried scoring anything before (have only just discovered the world of virtual instruments!) but I thoroughly enjoyed the whole process and for this opportunity (thanks @paulthomson !) :)

I am certain that this competition will have seen a whole host of first-timers like myself enter - and all of those people now have their first bit of music on YouTube to present as part of a future show-reel demonstrating their work and abilities - who knows, maybe one day leading to a music-related career (my dream).

Shame to see that the results of the competition has been so divisive and there's been so much bickering back and forth, but I know at least for me it's been a fantastic taste of what the future may bring :)

Cheers guys and happy weekend to you all!

Last edited:
Not crazy at all. After searching for a while, I managed to track it down! Masterpiece!

Amazing. I legitimately loved it!

I don't see how this didn't win. For real. It hit all the sync points, it "broke the rules" just like they wanted, and was a prime example of "daring to be different". I could see Kubrick using this in his next film. You know, had he been still with us.

I didn't enter and have only listened to a few entries, but this one is worth a watch. Definitely different... and rather hilarious.

Absolute star. Genius. Takes the piss quite thoroughly and yet is never offensive. In a way it's the best I've seen but would not have won (yes, even if I'd been judging). Thank you for posting. Give this person a job!

That song mocking the clip is pure gold.

I think the contest winner dared to be different and it caught the ears of those who mattered, who also clearly were looking for something more unique than traditional modern. But I'm just an armchair listener, not a composer, nor did I compete in any music contest.

I find the selection of the winner inspiring. You DON'T necessarily have to be the next Hans Zimmer to score. So to speak. I found his commentary on the whole thing also enlightening.

I didn't enter and have only listened to a few entries, but this one is worth a watch. Definitely different... and rather hilarious.

After I posted my entry, I showed precisely two other entries to my family: David Kudell's and this one. "Quack" is still one of the funniest things you can say at my house nearly a month later.

Top Bottom