What's new

SPITFIRE - The Black Weekend Ending TODAY

Yeah, I’m agonising over it at the moment. I have Uno Corda which I love but I don’t have any solo strings.

I do like the “scratchy” sound of solo instruments that you don’t seem to get with ensemble samples. It would also solve the problem I often get into if too many string sections playing at once in my “mockups”.

Just don’t know if I can justify spending another £100.

I think if I make £200 or more at work today I’ll get it (if they haven’t taken it down by then). :sneaky:

The Felt piano is nice. I'm not sure it's going to blow you away since you have Una. The Artisans are nice, but are limited compared to other more detailed solo offerings. The shorts are great. Very scratchy with a nice dynamic range. The longs are really nice as well. The performance patch I'm not so sure of. The legato is not great, and it's vibrato is crazy heavy, especially on the cello. Sounds a bit frantic to me. It seems you can trigger a more progressive vibrato with a lower velocity, but it feels inconsistent. The more immediate one seems to get triggered when I don't want it to. I wish I could select where the velocity split is, cause for me, the immediate one gets trigger too easily. It sounds like a mellotron at times. I need to play around with it more.

For anyone who likes the individual patches instead of the various articulation patch, for the shorts, the round robins are set to 2 as opposed to the 6 that are available. I'm not sure why they did that. Also in the various patch the pizzicato has a silent rr. If you decrease the rr's from 7 to 6, it will fix it. I can't remember if that's on both the Violin and the cello, or just one of them.

I doubt I'll use the performance patches very much, but I'm glad I picked this up at such a large discount. Well worth it.

Missed my chance, the offers been removed (didn’t make my target £200 anyway).

Nevermind, I still have a discount coupon for CSSS which I can redeem at any time.

Just checked the woods for the first time. Damn!

The bassoon and bass clarinet especially stood out! Beautiful stuff :)

I'd just like to say... "WOW!". I had downloaded SSS Evo a few days ago, and just now played it. A few articulations in and I'm stunned at how good it sounds. Why didn't anyone convince me to buy this library before now?!!! You've all been hiding it from me to keep for yourself! :mad:

Could you tell me, how dry or wet does this library sound? I understand it is an Air library so naturally relatively wet due to the hall environment, but also there seems to be some processing in one of the NKI's to make it more intimate in a close mic, compared to SSS with its evo approach, unless I'm mistaken. I love the sounds from what I've heard, but want to use it in more hybrid productions, so don't want it to be overly wet, as to drown out my production or be difficult to process and EQ in a natural way.

Last edited:
Could you tell me, how dry or wet does this library sound? I understand it is an Air library so naturally relatively wet due to the hall environment, but also there seems to be some processing in one of the NKI's to make it more intimate in a close mic, compared to SSS with its evo approach, unless I'm mistaken. I love the sounds from I've heard, but want to use it in more hybrid productions, so don't want it to be overly wet, as to drown out my production or be difficult to process and EQ in a natural way.
I'm probably not the best person to ask, as I've hardly used the library yet. My observations so far is the tree, outrigger and ambient mics all have a lot of hall sound in them. The close mic does sound a lot dryer, but I think is still similar to the SSS close mics. By default in SSS Evo there is delay and reverb turned on, and I think this is how Spitfire demonstrate it in their videos (with these turned on). Turning delay & reverb off and using close mics gives a nice close perspective (and close mics are much more centered in stereo field compared to SSS), which I personally wouldn't use by themselves given I want the hall sound, but it sounds fine with close mics only.

Given SSS Evo is pretty much all variations on longs and no shorts, it's hard to judge. And it also means it matters less I think, as I suspect listeners would find it harder to hear/notice the hall sound much in the longs.

I think its better to ask someone who's tried want you're after to get their opinion. I literally just started using it yesterday.

Super happy with my Spitfire Orchestra! Had my first quick play with every patch. Especially happy with the strings and woodwinds, as soon as I heard those basses / lows I just had to a quick sketch:

SSS Evo seems interesting too, some great possibilities in there.

I'm probably not the best person to ask, as I've hardly used the library yet. My observations so far is the tree, outrigger and ambient mics all have a lot of hall sound in them. The close mic does sound a lot dryer, but I think is still similar to the SSS close mics. By default in SSS Evo there is delay and reverb turned on, and I think this is how Spitfire demonstrate it in their videos (with these turned on). Turning delay & reverb off and using close mics gives a nice close perspective (and close mics are much more centered in stereo field compared to SSS), which I personally wouldn't use by themselves given I want the hall sound, but it sounds fine with close mics only.

Given SSS Evo is pretty much all variations on longs and no shorts, it's hard to judge. And it also means it matters less I think, as I suspect listeners would find it harder to hear/notice the hall sound much in the longs.

I think its better to ask someone who's tried want you're after to get their opinion. I literally just started using it yesterday.

Thanks for the input, markleake. If anyone else can answer my above question, feel free to chip in.

Hello ladies and gents, I've installed my wonderfull box of delights that is Black Friday Collection but haven't received any serial number and no email btw. Not in the spam box. May be my inbox was full. No answer from SA today despite some queries this morning; has anyone of you been in contact with them today ? thanx !

Hello ladies and gents, I've installed my wonderfull box of delights that is Black Friday Collection but haven't received any serial number and no email btw. Not in the spam box. May be my inbox was full. No answer from SA today despite some queries this morning; has anyone of you been in contact with them today ? thanx !

It's odd you don't have the emails, but you can also check your serials in your account on Spitfire web site.

Well, there's no serials in my account, for neither of my libs, nor the ancient ones.Strange...

EDIt : Ooooops ! Should learn to read more carefully. I've been trying though since this morning, zillion attempts, ahah :)

Well, there's no serials in my account, for neither of my libs, nor the ancient ones.Strange...

EDIt : Ooooops ! Should learn to read more carefully. I've been trying though since this morning, zillion attempts, ahah :)
I received my codes around 20 minutes after I received the order confirmation e-mail.
Have you received an e-mail with the subject "Order Confirmation from Spitfire Audio" after your purchase?
If so, it should have an order reference code in it (Do NOT post it here!)

Go to Spitfires website and use their chat support feature and tell them the order reference code you have,
so they could quickly check out whats happened to your purchase. Or maybe you wouldn't need to do that if you just simply logged in and used their chat window.
If you haven't even received an order confirmation e-mail, then theres something wrong on your end or Spitfires end.
But from my personal experience, I've never had any trouble receiving e-mails from Spitfire regarding my purchases.

Once again, use the chat feature on their website. Its been really helpful.

It’s snowing in the UK today. London goes all squiffy when it snows. They’ll be running around yelling “Snow in winter! Snow in winter!” +1 for try their web chat.

If you haven't even received an order confirmation e-mail, then theres something wrong on your end or Spitfires end.
But from my personal experience, I've never had any trouble receiving e-mails from Spitfire regarding my purchases.

Once again, use the chat feature on their website. Its been really helpful.
The order confirmation emails didn't appear for my last 2 purchases. Obviously I checked my Spam folder but nothing. I did get the emails with download info though.

But as mentioned the support people behind the chat feature were super-helpful at sorting it out and re-sending them.

chat feature not online today. May be resting after the BF craze !
anyway, having a blast at noodling with my new false instruments :)

I've got my Euphone and I'm really liking it. I can't wait to layer it with Orchestral Swarm. Thanks very much to the Spitfire Team for their generous gift to the tombola entrants!

Top Bottom