What's new

Spitfire Origins - Felt Piano

gussunkri

Hi!

I got this email from Spitfire. I did notice the Origins Felt piano in the Staff pad thingie, and here it is. It doesn't seem to exist on the Spitfire webpage yet. Here is what they wrote:

"We are excited to inform you that as an owner of Gwilym Simcock Felt Piano, you will receive our new library, Originals Felt Piano, for free. You will receive an email informing you when your download is ready.

Originals Felt Piano features content from Gwilym Simcock Felt Piano, simplified and updated and presented in our free, easy-to-use plugin. It features three signals - Condenser, Ribbon & Hammers, and seven curated presets, from dry and close to ambient and synth-like."

was waiting for something to pop up.

this'll be my first SF player library, but I wont play with that until this weekend

Also "leaked" as a Facebook ad. I use the free labs piano all the time (it works everywhere!) so this'll be a welcome step up. Sounds great, I'm in.
<Adds to cart>

Now I'm wondering what other discontinued products are going to be granted a new "originals" life..

Last edited:
Reactions: ccg
Now I'm wondering what other discontinued products are going to be granted a new "originals" life..

Me too. Especially when I think about the original price many of us had paid for the products they've now re-releasing as a part of this scheme. I'm glad that the new users are having an opportunity to get their hands on some of Spitfire's premium sounds for cheap, but they've should think up a better "compensation" for those who already have the older versions of the same, rather than giving us what we already have for free in a limited edition. And I mean limited literarily.

Me too. Especially when I think about the original price many of us had paid for the products they've now re-releasing as a part of this scheme. I'm glad that the new users are having an opportunity to get their hands on some of Spitfire's premium sounds for cheap, but they've should think up a better "compensation" for those who already have the older versions of the same, rather than giving us what we already have for free in a limited edition. And I mean limited literarily.
Though we who own the Kontakt version have twice the amount of mics.

I get a free new version of and instrument I own.

if someone gets that instrument cheaper down the line my life is not significantly effected. if you could argue it "devalued" my purchase but I dont make money off of it, and it's just a tool.

I've spent 3-4 grand with OT and if they had a subscription service for 30$ a month I'd die on the inside but I'd get over it.

the market can be super saturated with quality instruments, itll never be saturated with quality composers XD

The preset mixes could be very nice. I really like the Simcock, but have struggled to get a mix that sounds remotely like the demos.

Last edited:
How much did you pay originally ?

Also "leaked" as a Facebook ad. I use the free labs piano all the time (it works everywhere!) so this'll be a welcome step up. Sounds great, I'm in.
<Adds to cart>

I didn't realise the previous Silcock Felt Piano had now been discontinued, but you're right it's now nowhere to be seen. Unusual in my experience for them to retire a product without giving warning.

The one released today obviously must include no new content, but nor is it the same instrument that people have previously paid for. The Kontakt version is 12.87GB on my hard drive, this new one is 3.05GB.

As I've said before, for understandable reasons they seem to be slowly getting rid of the libraries requiring the full version of Kontakt. I keep expecting a new version of Sacconi Quartet to arrive in the SF player, for example.

I was fortunate enough to receive the new "Originals" version for free, due to owning the first version and am really impressed with it. The various mic positions are excellent and even the pad has merit. Thank you Spitfire, and i hope you continue to update some of the original and smaller libraries. Well done!

My musical draft

01 - SA - Felt Piano 01 - Ribbon Reverb
02 - SA - OACE - Chamber Grid_Aperture - Pinhole Ensemble - Long Flautando
03 - SA - Albion NEO - Brunel Loops - Suspended in Space

NEO Felt Piano

I'm tempted to keep both the old Kontakt and the new Originals versions. The one for the many mics, the other for the new presets.

Paolo

Noire definitely have more dynamic layers. Again, not bad for $29.
Just listen to the demo at Spirfire.

Top Bottom