What's new

Spitfire - LABS Download our latest FREE Library Strings 2 Now!

Spitfire Team

(broken link removed)

The newest chapter in our LABS series is here. Not only is it awesome — it's FREE!

This charango — an Andean guitar-like instrument — was recorded back in 2006 by Christian Henson in his Soho flat, on a KM184 mic. This was the instrument that inspired Christian and Paul to create Spitfire Audio.

6 / ∞

Don't have LABS Soft Piano, Strings, Drums, Amplified Cello Quartet, or Electric Piano? Download them now for FREE!

GET LABS CHARANGO

Last edited:
Oooh, good to see the new Labs instruments! Unfortunately the Windows app download page ((broken link removed)) throws a 404. Also, if like me you clicked "yes" to having the app, thinking that it meant the Spitfire Audio Library Manager, there's no way to find the link to it unless you switch browsers (or maybe delve into deleting cookies).

Oooh, good to see the new Labs instruments! Unfortunately the Windows app download page ((broken link removed)) throws a 404. Also, if like me you clicked "yes" to having the app, thinking that it meant the Spitfire Audio Library Manager, there's no way to find the link to it unless you switch browsers (or maybe delve into deleting cookies).
I did the same thing. Can't seem to find a "Download the app" link by itself anywhere.

They're working now and the libraries are downloading at a decent pace too.

Here's the Windows link to the app: (broken link removed) and this should be the Mac one: (broken link removed)

Didn't work for me at first on Windows 10 as I had an older version of the spitfire library manager installed. Downloaded and ran the one in Mornats first post and then the labs installers appeared in that.
Thank you spitfire -really appreciate these! Any chance you can labs sample a crwth? :)

For those who have these libraries in kontakt format is there any change?
I checked with the piano, clearly the samples are the same, but you get a really really nice reverb within the app. The strings, which sound super nice, have also release and tightness as option in the knob. Does anyone know what was the name of the original version of the strings?

I quite like how all of the Labs instruments are all in the same plugin. By the way, the Labs plugin works in Komplete Kontrol if you're that way inclined :)

Since I didn't know how this was going to install I have everything in my download folder. Can I move the folder and use the VST to find the sounds? It didn't seem like there was a preferences menu in the VST.

Be careful with new App ! Got the Labs instruments and App displayed my Albions content … BUT ...not my EDNA01 Earth.
It listed at bottom of another page and 'settings' offered 'Reset'. NOT !!!
App removed EDNA01 and site is overloaded so new download is creeeeeping at snailpace.

Careful with 'Reset' !

Is it just me or the strings, despite the library being not panned, sound a lot prominent from the left? To achieve balance I have to pan it right at about 30

Top Bottom