What's new

Spitfire Chamber Strings - Pro version worth it?

Levon

Planning on purchasing the Spitfire Chamber Strings in the Wish List sale. Is it worth spending the additional money to go all out for the Pro version or do most people manage just fine with the standard version?

Planning on purchasing the Spitfire Chamber Strings in the Wish List sale. Is it worth spending the additional money to go all out for the Pro version or do most people manage just fine with the standard version?

I don’t have the Pro version, but I can easily say the Standard fulfills all my needs. I think some people like the “Mixes” in Pro where you can save RAM on pre-mixed mic positions, but that wasn’t worth the cost for me! Can’t go wrong either way, SCS lives up to the hype.

I have the Pro version, but could easily get by with just the normal version.

I deleted all the normal patches are replaced them with the C/T/R/O versions (which was how the original sable samples were presented).

I'd say just stick with the normal version.

I mean, it depends. The regular library, with the 3 mic positions, is perfectly serviceable for most uses. I wasn't much tempted by the additional mics until SF at one point offered them at a very deep discounts and so I picked them up. The stereo mixes are very nice if you want something quick that is also fairly efficient with RAM, and I like having them. These are what I now have in my basic template. The outriggers, which came with the original BML libraries so that the mic configuration matches the Albion series, can give a bit of additional width. The ribbon mic sometimes sounds a bit better than the regular close mic, sometimes not as good. The gallery gives an alternative ambient mic. Really, I tend to use the stereo mixes and the CTAO configuration and don't much use the others. Still, the stereo mixes and outrigger mic are certainly useful.

Is there a known way (before end of WL) to order SSO CS Edition but Upgrade SCS to PRO ? Hoping for +$180. __
~ $ 1,194.30 total.

Last edited:
Should be possible if I am not completely mistaken:
Buy SSO CS Edition (you get all the contained products as single products in your account) with the wishlist discount.
Then you get the upgrade to SCS Pro for the price difference between SCS and SCS Pro (and during the wishlist this price difference should be discounted).
Before buying SCS Pro you just have to wait until the SCS is registered in your account (half an hour most of the time), so that the wishlist discount is activated for the Pro.
The only question is: Is the SCS Pro upgrade also discounted, but as the studio orchestra pro upgrades are, I would think it is.
Cannot give you any guarantee, but it should work.

Should be possible if I am not completely mistaken: ******************
The only question is: Is the SCS Pro upgrade also discounted, but as the studio orchestra pro upgrades are, I would think it is. *********
it should work.

THX ! Looks good. Asked SF Support but will allow ample time to try before WL ends officially.

Top Bottom