What's new

Spitfire Audio: The Black Weekend - "Aperture" is back on 23.11.2022

Hi,

Q. What will you use Spitfire Audio's Cassette Symphony for ? What type of musical scenario ? or specifics would make you use it ? I installed it today, but can't decide if I will ever use it ? ;)

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Last edited:
Re symphony complete, I think the trick is to watch out for offers on the components - e.g. SCS was 50% off when CH had his ice bath in July (ish), Symphonic strings was in a "Karl Bowers bundle" (I think) at some point and the woods were on offer in September- you then get that knocked off the price of the symphony.
Bingo, that's what I've been doing. All I got is the Brass left to get. I'll get it in the next month or two.

I can't even fathom what fills these drives. Given you've been doing this for 15+years and you have 49TB, you're collecting libraries at an average rate of ~3.3TB a year? You said you have quite a few duplicates so maybe half that to 1.65TB a year :).
They aren't all full. :)

In fairness, the spin wheel is much the same thing, except that it doesn’t give an advantage to people willing to get up at 4am and/or constantly checking social media during thanksgiving dinner.

It a very nice, pro-social change, even if the old way might have generate more (borderline obsessive) social media traffic for them :)
I had installed Twitter on my phone with Spitfire notifications turned on exactly so I could be awoken or interrupted. Alas!

Bingo, that's what I've been doing. All I got is the Brass left to get. I'll get it in the next month or two.
Well you definitely have a cheerleader for the last stretch! "You can do it man - just gotta dig deep, be the best you can be, give it 110% and throw them that one.. last.. pile of cash..."😀

There's also always the strategy of trying to win it in one of the scoring competitions 😀 On any other forum that would be a bit of a fatuous thing to say, but the level of talent round these parts makes it not that unrealistic a strategy - at least one of you guys usually pops up just after a winners announcement!

Look at Musical Sampling's new flute. Look at the scripting innovations of Modern Scoring Strings. Look at the unique instruments of VSL World Winds or the amazing interface of VSL Synchron Harp. There's innovations and interesting releases happening from many developers. Spitfire should be leading the market - and I think Paul and Christian were visionaries in many ways for the industry. I fear SF has lost some of that mojo.
I have those two VSL libraries, and I think they are quite good. But really, that's still a very small number of libraries out of the vast number of libraries being released.

Personally, I think more companies need to be getting more serious about modeling. Most likely more left to be done in that area.

Interesting what Dz says .. we decided last Xmas/BF to invest in refurbished offers from WD and bought 3 x 12Tb drives and use 1 for library another for backup and a 3rd for travelling if my son is away from home (like when he was at Uni) ... agree managing to keep all 3 updated means keeping a notebook of all upgrades and software downloads etc that are made so we can ensure copies are made to the travel drive on a monthly basis.
One day we will save and invest in a synology DS220+ server by using the sales and build a 24tb (2 x 12tb or more) unit
If you have spent thousands in librarys which adds up quite easily over time - worth investing in external hard/SSD drives. (backup backup and then backup is the rule) .. just think how long it would take to get it all back from every supplier !
As for Apple ... I wish they would return to upgradeable (Ram/Storage) as no matter what config one goes for (IMHO) it will be not enough within 6 months for music composers..... and they know it. These new external hubs that allow extra SSD to be installed and linked is making others money and not Apple (good on em)

Hi,

Q. What will you use Spitfire Audio's Cassette Symphony for ? What type of musical scenario ? or specifics would make you use it ? I installed it today, but can't decide if I will ever use it ? ;)

Thanks,
Muziksculp
I asked myself the same question today...

I can't think of anything and I'm just thinking about what I bought from Spitfire in 2022 and really use.

I can't even fathom what fills these drives. Given you've been doing this for 15+years and you have 49TB, you're collecting libraries at an average rate of ~3.3TB a year? You said you have quite a few duplicates so maybe half that to 1.65TB a year :).
I connected to external SSG disks for the music:
1 times 4 TB
3 times 2 TB
3 times 1 TB

total: 13 TB

Internally my IMac has 1 TB of which about 280 GB are free.

I'm thinking about buying an external SSDF with 4 TB now or at the end of next year.

My libraries are not stored twice.

Created movies and music compositions are backed up on the net and not locally available (dropbox).

So Spitfire got back to me regarding the giveaway. Apparently, a whole bunch of people emailed trying to say that they actually won, or that they were me. And it took a little while to sift through. They asked me to post a comment with a code on the Aperture video on Youtube, with the winning account, for a final confirmation.

And with that, Aperture Cassette Symphony was just added to my account.

People are crazy.

I tuned into the SF festivities today and well, I congratulate Spitfire for creating the first reality tv episode for media composers

Spitfires Instagram stories suggest symphonic evos are in the Ton but it’s not 😵‍💫

Attachments

• D8EC1221-5676-42EF-95D5-E1524415DB1B.png
    D8EC1221-5676-42EF-95D5-E1524415DB1B.png
    361.2 KB · Views: 27
So Spitfire got back to me regarding the giveaway. Apparently, a whole bunch of people emailed trying to say that they actually won, or that they were me. And it took a little while to sift through. They asked me to post a comment with a code on the Aperture video on Youtube, with the winning account, for a final confirmation.

And with that, Aperture Cassette Symphony was just added to my account.

People are crazy.
That’s absolutely nuts. What a bunch of chancers.

My shopping cart actually contains 3 non discounted libraries (under £50) which is slightly annoying, but not unexpected. I’ve wanted them for a while though, so might as well bundle them along with discounted App Strings and bag the cassette thingy.

That’s how they get you! Also waiting up late so I can spin the wheels thingy at midnight. Feeling a little ashamed 😅

Top Bottom