What's new

Spitfire Audio | Black Friday 2023 & Spin to Win

It's a bit odd that the "15 Years" bundle only contains relatively new products. I think Symphonic Organ is the oldest library there, and that was released four years ago? Maybe five at most?

I think the point is, if you logged into that stagefire site with your spitfire creds, I'd be hurrying to the real site to change them. If your new "stagefire" account is all new then what can they do with your info...
Only thing they have is my email I guess then.

It may well be a mistake, but to everyone saying that companies often have 'staging' environments - they do, but they are never public. If it's public, you've messed up, and defeated the point of 'staging'.

Never sign in to an unknown server.

It may well be a mistake, but to everyone saying that companies often have 'staging' environments - they do, but they are never public. If it's public, you've messed up, and defeated the point of 'staging'.

They've done it before. When they were finishing up the site redesign, their staging environment was also publicly accessible, just with a subdomain instead of a separate domain.

What if we just want the plausible deniability of being like "oh no somebody hacked me and bought these new libraries on black friday and added them to my account"

It's probably ok, but in my somewhat limited experience (I work mainly with databases that are completely internal to my company), I wouldn't expect a staging site to have a different domain. I'd think it would be "staging.spitfireaudio.com" or similar, and certainly not open to the public. Those two things combined are suspicious.

Argument against this being a scam is that it is very elaborate for such a relatively small market of people and for one day. But I know next to nothing about scammers and how hard it is to do anything.

Top Bottom