What's new

Spitfire Audio “This is London Calling” - BBC Symphony Orchestra

A thought I had: If this does end up being a library, think it'll be most cost efficient to snatch it up during the intro sale, or wait for a BF sale? Would it even be included in the latter, being newly released? :emoji_thinking:

If this does end up being a library, think it'll be most cost efficient to snatch it up during the intro sale, or wait for a BF sale? Would it even be included in the latter, being newly released?

Spitfire typically releases a product at 25% off list. Then, usually during the next sale, you'll be able to pick it up for 30% off. Sometimes, a but further down the road, you can eventually purchase it for 40% off. So, no, unless you end up using it to make money immediately (that's not my world), it's almost always better to wait for a better sale with Spitfire than the initial release promotion.

So if your primary goal is "most cost efficient," wait. Another reason to wait: let the dust settle on the opinion of how good it is... or not... at least for you (HZ Strings comes to mind here).

It kind of bugs me that, like I said earlier in the thread, I'm more dreading this as something incredible that I won't be able to afford to be a part of, than I am looking forward to it....

Spitfire typically releases a product at 25% off list. Then, usually during the next sale, you'll be able to pick it up for 30% off. Sometimes, a but further down the road, you can eventually purchase it for 40% off. So, no, unless you end up using it to make money immediately (that's not my world), it's almost always better to wait for a better sale with Spitfire than the initial release promotion.

So if your primary goal is "most cost efficient," wait. Another reason to wait: let the dust settle on the opinion of how good it is... or not... at least for you (HZ Strings comes to mind here).

HZ Strings is A awesome realistic strings. I have it and bought it during intro. The price during sale vs intro was almost, most of the time the same with only probably $50 saving.It is now my primary go to strings replacing Spitfire Chamber Strings. lets see if BBC or LSO would prove to be better.

The only good deal I got was Eric Whitacre Choir that went to 40% sale last year and I snatched that. That is only because I missed the intro price and product introduction and was not interested much in choir, but after listening and viewing the walkthrough, totally mind blown.

Right on.

Will the event really happen if we don't get to 50 pages??

(This thread has been my morning read lately. I'm gonna miss it when it stops :emoji_grin:)
Lol. Same here.

Even if I dislike the reveal, I just want it over. Anything to hush the evil fairies in my head who whisper “London is caaaallling” over and over.

Me too, I have a sinking feeling I'm going to really like it though. Just hoping it's not too expensive and weighs in under 100 exabytes for my poor download pipe

Top Bottom