What's new

Spitfire Audio “This is London Calling” - BBC Symphony Orchestra

I understand your frustration, but I think you might be overthinking this; pretty much every software company only allows a very limited amount of installations; rarely some are nice enough to give you more if you ask for them, and right now I can only think of Spitfire and Ableton.

It just so happens that "Repair" is the name Spitfire gave to their authorization process, but maybe they could give a better explanation of what it does indeed.
It doesn't make sense because the software asks me to fix it without moving the library to another disk.
I don't know why this error #1 occurs so often, it only happens on my MacBook.
The hard drive was not renamed.
This does not happen on the studio computer.
Native Instruments lets me move a library to another source as often as I want.
I don't reinstall the library, I use it on 2 computers on 2 different hard drives, never at the same time. This is simply bad programming, a bad workflow decision, unnecessarily complicated and cost intense for the user.
I know the link, thank you, and that is the reason why I use 2 hard drives.
Anyway, I have enough other libraries I can use, I don't have to stop my work.

BBCSO is driving me crazy after I reorganized my hard drives.
I have two hard drives where the library is. One for my MacBook, one for my studio computer.
Now I wanted to work on the MacBook again and although the library is assigned to the correct path I can't load patches. Error #1, again.
Repair does not work because I supposedly used up all repair attempts.
I completely lose interest in this new player. I am about to delete the library and put Spitfire BBCSO (sorry, the library, not the company) on my blacklist.
How can they create such a user unfriendly system.
Just the fact that I can't use the same hard drive on two machines is an absurdity.
The name of the hard disk is identical and I did not change anything on the MacBook disk, only on the studio computer I copied the library to another hard disk.
Nuts!

And no, I don't use them at the same time.

Hi,

Have exactly the same problem. Have also had problems with very slow loading every time I load a new instrument. (With ssd) I also need to repair the disk but need to contact spitfire again for the fourth time. Now I've been waiting since Thursday and still can't use bbc. I do not think this is acceptable. Have replaced all bbc samples with "berlin strings and brass". BBC is completely useless for now. Incredibly bad software.

The support guys on spitfire needs to spend an incredible amount of time on this ...

BBCSO is driving me crazy after I reorganized my hard drives.
I have two hard drives where the library is. One for my MacBook, one for my studio computer.
Now I wanted to work on the MacBook again and although the library is assigned to the correct path I can't load patches. Error #1, again.
Repair does not work because I supposedly used up all repair attempts.
I completely lose interest in this new player. I am about to delete the library and put Spitfire BBCSO (sorry, the library, not the company) on my blacklist.
How can they create such a user unfriendly system.
Just the fact that I can't use the same hard drive on two machines is an absurdity.
The name of the hard disk is identical and I did not change anything on the MacBook disk, only on the studio computer I copied the library to another hard disk.
Nuts!

And no, I don't use them at the same time.

Heres a thread specifically on this issue with some input from spitfire

I don't have BBCSO so I don't know for sure, but in EW Hollywood there are no legato transitions larger than an octave. I guess this is because, during production, a line has to be drawn somewhere so as to avoid having to sample a legato transition between every single note across an instrument's entire range.
I imagine the odd transitions you're noticing is just the programming script doing it's best to move between two notes for which there is no single legato transition available.
You might be on to something - I tested this with Cinematic Studio Strings and Cinestrings Solo, and they both sounded kind of bad with higher than octave transitions, like really abrupt. But - an abrupt and unsmooth transition would still be better than the "trill" that BBCSO makes. Oh well.

Anyone using BBCSO with Albion NEO recently? I’m wondering how seasoned composers would select specific mics to blend their different room ambiances.

Hello,

99% BBCSO for this track. I did post an excerpt a while ago, but here is the complete first movement. I also used 1 JXL Brass Trumpet just layered with the BBCSO 2nd trumpet at the very beginning. I also used VSL Steinway piano and little bit of VSL Andromeda in places.

There are a couple of surprises buried in there. One of them will jump out at you if you watch the video version. The other is a bit more concealed: there is a morse code message in there...somewhere... ;)

I mainly used BBCSO Mix 2 + Spill Full Mic. The intro trumpets use the Balcony mics, and some others used the Close mics.

Best wishes,
Darren

#ONEORCHESTRA

hi everyone!
I'm looking to get a new macbook pro, mainly for light gaming and music creation.
Should I get the macbook pro with 32 or 64gb ram? especially for this sound library, and others.
thanks!

64 is always better if you are using virtual instruments. But you can get by with 32 if you don't plan on heavy orchestral instruments. Unfortunately, because of the extensive articulations needed to do orchestral music, the instruments tend to eat RAM. So more is better.

hi everyone!
I'm looking to get a new macbook pro, mainly for light gaming and music creation.
Should I get the macbook pro with 32 or 64gb ram? especially for this sound library, and others.
thanks!
Hi,

You should always go for as much RAM as you can afford, especially since MacBooks have their RAM soldered onto the motherboard making user-upgradable memory essentially impossible.

You could run an optimised BBCSO template on 32GB, but I don’t recommend it. You also need to think about future proofing your machine and so 64GB is a must in that regard.

ok thanks everyone!
also, when I buy the BBCSO, direct download or ssd?
i've never used an ssd before, so i'm not sure how to use it without bringing the files directly in the mac.

any updates to the BBCSO for the bass flute, piano etc?
it seems like spitfire mentioned this a long time ago...

ok thanks everyone!
i've never used an ssd before, so i'm not sure how to use it without bringing the files directly in the mac.

any updates to the BBCSO for the bass flute, piano etc?
it seems like spitfire mentioned this a long time ago...

If you already have the SSD space to spare I recommend buying it on standard hard drive, which is a lot cheaper.

ok thanks everyone!
If you’ve got a (1TB) SSD, choose download. If not, the Spitfire SSD is a good one (Samsung) at normal cost.

I normally put a staccato articulation on another MIDI channel and add a mp note in the middle of the regular long note (you might try to do a quick CC1 reduction in the original channel, it never sounded like that was necessary to me), but in BBCSO that cuts both notes. It's clear a keyswitch-based workflow is preferred, so you might try that with two plugin instances.

If you get the right combination of velocity and actual time between releasing a note and re-triggering it, the effect is pretty convincing. It's hard to consistently do when playing live.

Top Bottom