What's new

Spitfire Audio “This is London Calling” - BBC Symphony Orchestra

I think the thing guys like slaybuff don't understand is... just because I hate the tone and anger doesn't make me a shill. Many of us wouldn't talk about ANY devs in the way these guys talk about Spitfire. It's not a Spitfire-exclusive attitude.

Fuck yeah let's be reasonably critical and smart about this stuff, but y'all can be rude as hell.

As always, there're great concerns and requests all throughout the thread and that's gotta keep happening.

But it's not about being or not being a "shill"; it's about not being an asshole.

Last edited:
I think the thing guys like slaybuff don't understand is... just because I hate the tone and anger doesn't make me a shill. Many of us wouldn't talk about ANY devs in the way these guys talk about Spitfire. It's not a Spitfire-exclusive attitude.

Fuck yeah let's be reasonably critical and smart about this stuff, but y'all can be rude as hell.

As always, there're great concerns and requests all throughout the thread and that's gotta keep happening.

But it's not about being or not being a "shill"; it's about not being an asshole.

Classy! More unwarranted insults from someone I never heard of before...you can keep the abuse coming all day, it won´t help you getting more out of BBCSO or whatever library Spitfire decides to port to the merlin engine.

Take the red pill...

bd3.jpg

I kinda do regret preordering the BBC orchestra so close to Black Friday. I didn’t realize it was going back to the pre-order price so soon. I will be more careful next time not to fall for the hype. Actually unless you REALLY need a library it’s foolish to ever purchase outside of BF dont ya think?!

I kinda do regret preordering the BBC orchestra so close to Black Friday. I didn’t realize it was going back to the pre-order price so soon. I will be more careful next time not to fall for the hype. Actually unless you REALLY need a library it’s foolish to ever purchase outside of BF dont ya think?!

It’s really not worth regret. I would’ve waited had Spitfire confirmed the SSD price, but they didn’t. Based on the info I had at the time, I made the best decision I could. It’s good not to fall for hype, so just take it as lesson learned.

That being said, the fact that you’re feeling this way kind of shows how silly it is that they’re throwing in an extra freebie on for BF so soon after the pre-order ended.

It’s really not worth regret. I would’ve waited had Spitfire confirmed the SSD price, but they didn’t. Based on the info I had at the time, I made the best decision I could. It’s good not to fall for hype, so just take it as lesson learned.

That being said, the fact that you’re feeling this way kind of shows how silly it is that they’re throwing in an extra freebie on for BF so soon after the pre-order ended.
And to throw salt in the wound, I’m out on tour and the BBC is waiting on me at home. So I haven’t even had a chance to play with it at all! 😂 so the only reason I ordered it early was to lock in that price which I thought would never happen again. Lesson learned.

I am still having an issue with BBCSO in Windows 10 64gb ram. Optimized the disk and using 1.0.7, streaming from the Spitfire SSD via USB3.0 A project using a few instances of BBCSO (6.3gb) Studio One 4.5.5 hangs upon closing and has to be ended using task manager. BBCSO loads those 6.3gb in about 5 minutes. It performs well but I certainly don't like the hanging issue. :/

I have a similar configuration (W10 64GB, SO 4.5.5, BBCSO 1.0.7) but no hangs at closing.
My experience is that SO hangs on close for drivers (MOTU) and Sonarworks...

1.0.7 was a major improvement on loading times here, cut it around 40% shorter. Now I don't even have time to brew my morning coffee while waiting for the template to load.

Yeah 1.0.7 seems good.
I have a test load project, just to make sure I'm not getting a placebo effect.

Went from 2:26 to 1:44 version 0.3 to 0.5
This now loads at 1:24

I think you are trolling however i´ll give you the benefit of the doubt....here´s a track i´m working atm. Strings and brass Strezov. Woods, perc and fx are a mix of Thrill, RRA and Sonokinetic.

I'm not dropping in to contribute to this debate one way or the other. I just wanted to say, @staypuft , I really enjoyed this mockup you posted. I think it's got some great orchestral character, the instruments articulate very well, and it's a very well spatialized result. And, emotionally, it's great, driving, dissonant, dark and energetic. Really nice, and thank you for sharing.

I'm not hopping in to discuss whether this was phrase based, played in, programmed in, etc. I'm just hopping in to say, that's a really well composed and executed mockup. Thank you!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Mike

Ps. This mockup did encourage me to look at Strezov Strings and Brass for the new year... I'm intrigued by them. :P

Classy! More unwarranted insults from someone I never heard of before...you can keep the abuse coming all day, it won´t help you getting more out of BBCSO or whatever library Spitfire decides to port to the merlin engine.

Take the red pill...

bd3.jpg

Clearly, this library isn’t for you. I think we can all respect that,

However, you seem to have joined this thread - and perhaps even this forum - explicitly to attack a single library/developer, and your sweeping accusations of ‘fanboyism’ are being read as attacks on those of us who do work in (or aspire to work in) the kinds of artistic spaces that this library does open up.

You don’t need to share that artistic vision. Or understand it, or care about it. But your only reason to be on this thread/form seems to be to antagonize libraries and composers who do aspire to this space.

Last edited:
I have a similar configuration (W10 64GB, SO 4.5.5, BBCSO 1.0.7) but no hangs at closing.
My experience is that SO hangs on close for drivers (MOTU) and Sonarworks...
On the Mac I’ve had hang on close since Studio One 3 and the culprit seems to be Kontakt. At least any project that has an instance of Kontakt that I have open for more than about 15 minutes has to be force closed after I quit the program or close the project.

Top Bottom