What's new

Sound Burst, Particle Design

At the end of this video, where he is grabbing different sections of the recorded GrainCube output recording, and looping them - is there anyway to do this with Logic?
Yes, open the Browser (short cut F) / Project tab.
Depending of where you place your mouse over the audio file, you'll move the left, right, or both sides of the region (pointer aspect will change accordingly).
Hope this help.

Yes, open the Browser (short cut F) / Project tab.
Depending of where you place your mouse over the audio file, you'll move the left, right, or both sides of the region (pointer aspect will change accordingly).
Hope this help.
Thanks, that's pretty cool. The browser view of the clip is pretty small though, so it's a little difficult to position with any accuracy. Any way to improve this?

Thanks, that's pretty cool. The browser view of the clip is pretty small though, so it's a little difficult to position with any accuracy. Any way to improve this?
The only way I'm aware of is :
-go to "Window/Open Project Audio" (Command 8).
-resize the window.
-using separators give the "info" space the more room you can.
It won't improve the height of the wave form though.

Last edited:
There's a lot of granular type stuff going on in this trailer like at 0:48 which is just awesome! Would this be a sound particle thing? I think I could make something similar in a synth, but some of the sounds are just so smooth.

My first thought was granular synthesis.

But there are other things that create "particles." Soundtoys Crystallizer is a really good one (along with all their stuff).

Take breaking glass, pitch it up, shorten the samples, playing backwards, experiment with delays, soundtoys crystallizer, granular synthesis....
Hey, I'm curious how do you 'shorten the samples' if it all comes from one audio file? Or what do you mean by that?

Top Bottom