What's new

Sonuscore The Orchestra Essentials at $49 --- Good Entry Level Product?

You can list all you want. Such offers are promotional offers that you pay for. The goal is that you end up buying the bigger versions. That's why these bait-and-switch offers always have something at crucial points that you can't have with them.

And honestly, can you actually make music with Sus, Stac, Marcato (also Stac) and Trills? When VSL introduced legato articulations about 16 years ago, users complained "only 1 legato?". We want a "warm" legato, a soulful legato, a sassy legato...

So...Who buys cheap, buys 2x.
But of course, everyone is allowed to buy what he wants. I would go with the next higher version.
Beat
It's also just $50
Yes, they want you to upgrade to higher versions.
But that doesn't mean one can't look at what the entry level version offers and be fine with what it offers.
They are pretty transparent about what is included.
You get plenty for what you pay for it.
You don't have to upgrade to bigger versions.
But worth pointing out that SonuScore usually offer lower discount on upgrades (30-40%) while full versions is usually 40-50%
So yes, worth keeping in mind that you could be paying more if you decide to go all the way, if you start out with essentials.
But no reason one can't just buy the essentials version and stick to that.
Then later on buy another more in depth library.
I do have the complete version.
My advice is to either get essentials or go all the way.
Essentials is a really nice deal imo for what you get.
The in between options not worth it imo.
If you go big, just go all the way.

Yes, you can make music with these articulations.
Why wouldn't you be able to?

Last edited:
Thanks a lot to everyone.

I did not yet go for it. My problem is that (a) I cannot spend money I do not have and (b) I do not know if I will stay with orchestral stuff and go in-depth. I've still got the impression I have to make a significant investment to just dip my toes, and I hesitate to do so.

I am a little confused at the moment. (But that's ok.)

I did not yet go for it. My problem is that (a) I cannot spend money I do not have and (b) I do not know if I will stay with orchestral stuff and go in-depth. I've still got the impression I have to make a significant investment to just dip my toes, and I hesitate to do so.

I was in the exact same position 2,5 years ago. I bought ASO for around 150 €. This was a waste for me. I bought Nucleus during BF for around 250 €. I still use it today but only percussion. After Nuclues I was sure to do more than tipping my toes into orchestral music production. And I bought the whole Cinematic Studio Series (CSS was on sale, too). It was a hell lot of money for a hobbyist but it was worth it.

Being confused is totally normal. It will not stop after even many more purchases. :)
If you are not comfortable with shelling out 50$ yet, try first with many freebies available:
https://www.steinberg.net/vst-instruments/ (filter by Free)
[...]

A lot great samples to play & learn. Enjoy! :)

I highly recommend Orchestra Essentials. An incredible value and a great entry into the world of Virtual Instruments.

While there are certainly many other programs that will outperform it as far as realism, Orchestra essentials allows you to easily stack 5 different instruments at the same time. It also introduces you to the world of Rhythms. I do not believe there is any other program that offers these features at this low price. Even at its list price it is a good investment.

Other low price entries that I use on a daily bases is Spitfire's Intimate Strings. Beautiful sounding. Only covering strings, not he full orchestra like Orchestra essentials. And no stacking, but a true deal at $29. And when it is on sale only $17.
I didn't realise originals strings had sales. Do you publish your music anywhere?

I didn't realise originals strings had sales. Do you publish your music anywhere?
No, I do not publish...yet...haha. Hopefully someday.

Orchestra essentials is jut a great deal for those of us diving into Virtual world( when it is on sale for $50 or less). I also have many other String libraries that are great from other companies-- that are equally great, but in different ways.

I also got Horns of Hell from Sonuscore on sale a few months ago. Hard to wait for those sales, but so great when you hit it just right.

I see a lot of orchestral essentials licenses being sold second hand. When you buy from sonuscore, do you just get one license or do you get a second?

Top Bottom