What's new

Sonokinetic Winter Sale

The only negative that I’ve read is that it adds extra notes to basic chords to give it that jazz harmony sound. I wish there was a way to turn this off (I didn’t see a way - let me know if I’m wrong).
You should be able to use the aforementioned mute switches to mute the extended parts?
Which part to mute will likely vary depending on the chord/phrase but the graphics in the ui should help you work out what is what.

Is anyone else having a problem with the extract part of the Manager? It is REALLY slow on my i9 iMac that has an SSD. I don't understand what is going on.

Is anyone else having a problem with the extract part of the Manager? It is REALLY slow on my i9 iMac that has an SSD. I don't understand what is going on.
I thought that was happening for me. It will look like it is going slow by the percentage complete in the downloader. But it will jump from like 3% to 100% in a second.

This is happening to me too, several times (Largo). I’m on a windows rig. The verifying process will get to about 97% and then stop and states there is a problem with the download.

I had the same question a couple of days ago, the extract appeared to be running extremely slow but finished up quickly, turns out the Manager is just really bad at estimating the time required for the extract process.

For what it is worth you can run the unrar command on the rar files yourself if you specify that option in the Manager.

I normally download only, then use 7zip to extract the files and combine them manually. It is usually pretty quick and the folder just inside the extracted folder is the one you pull out and combine.

For example, the sample files will unzip as Largo-samples (not quite the name). Open the file and you see another folder called something like Sonokinetic Largo. Then inside that is a folder with the samples. If you combine all the Sonokinetic Largo folders from the three different unzipped files, the library will be set up perfectly.

As a note, if the zipped files are 1 of 20, 2 of 20, etc..., only unzip the first one. It automatically looks for all 20 files and combines them. Generally, there will be 3 files in the download you need to unzip - the samples (multiple files on large libraries), the instruments and the additionals.

If you are doing it from Native Access, they download into iso files rather than zipped files. Iso files are normally used to create a CD, however, 7zip can open them. Right click and select open archive. You can then extract from there, then run the exe/setup file to setup the library like you would with a CD install. I've found a lot of times with unusual files - i.e. tar and iso - it works better to open the archive/extract then just unzip.

I had the same question a couple of days ago, the extract appeared to be running extremely slow but finished up quickly, turns out the Manager is just really bad at estimating the time required for the extract process.

For what it is worth you can run the unrar command on the rar files yourself if you specify that option in the Manager.
I just let it run overnight so no idea how long it actually took but I ran two others today and they didn't take very long.

A situation (that was eventually resolved) occurred when downloading Maximo (last week) and Ostinato Strings (yesterday):
As is my practice lately, I download only the 16-bit sets, figuring that (1) they take less SSD space and (2) I always have the option of going back into my account and getting the 24-bit samples--I am unable to hear the difference anyway. . .

However, when I use the Sonokinetic Mgr, the download is relatively quick, and then it indicates "installed"
But I cannot find the library anywhere, even searching through my system; and it does not appear along with other Sonokinetic libraries in Studio One, even after updating plug-ins and re-scanning & re-starting
I end up installing via Native Access, and it goes right in (obviously, both 16 & 24 bit files, and I immediately go in and delete the 24-bit files. The result is that the library is right where I expect it to be in S1)

I am obviously skipping a step somewhere along the way

Can anyone enlighten me regarding where the library is situated after the Sonokinetic Mgr tells me that it's installed?

Can anyone enlighten me regarding where the library is situated after the Sonokinetic Mgr tells me that it's installed?
Depends where your Sonokinetic Manager thinks is the download location.
You can set this by pressing the cog icon in the top right and changing in the dialog that opens.

Yes, I appreciate it, @CG Smith ~
Mister Black suggested that I do exactly that; however, when I set the download location to the SSD where my other Sonokinetic libraries reside, I'm told that it is an "invalid folder" -- this is why I always end up using Native Access anyway

Thanks for responding, however

Mister Black suggested that I do exactly that; however, when I set the download location to the SSD where my other Sonokinetic libraries reside, I'm told that it is an "invalid folder" -- this is why I always end up using Native Access anyway

Yes, but you were also asking where the manager would download to, so that should show you where things are currently downloading?

You were supposed to see where the manager had the download folder set to before trying to change it, because that is where they would have gone.

For Windows, the default folder appears to be a "Sonokinetic Sample Libraries" folder on your desktop. 3:00 in the tutorial video on https://www.sonokinetic.net/manager/, assuming they didn't change anything when recording that tutorial.

On Mac, I think it goes to ~/Downloads by default. I changed my download folder, but I think I remember it just being set to your user's Downloads folder when I first ran the manager. Or since it goes to the desktop on Windows, perhaps it's also set to download to the desktop on Mac too.

I installed Maximo the other day (the last day of the 12 days sale) from the Sonokinetic manager.

An update just showed up in Native Access today, and I think it wants to re-download the entire library. Nothing is showing in the Sonokinetic manager. Do I already have the latest version, or should I install the version from Native Access?

I installed Maximo the other day (the last day of the 12 days sale) from the Sonokinetic manager.

An update just showed up in Native Access today, and I think it wants to re-download the entire library. Nothing is showing in the Sonokinetic manager. Do I already have the latest version, or should I install the version from Native Access?
Using my own experience here - The Maximo update looked like it was going to download the whole library again but it really just downloaded a small incremental patch and was finished in a matter of minutes.

Top Bottom