What's new

SOLVED Kontakt standalone always plays a piano sound no matter which library/patch

KarlHeinz

Hi,

I have not mattered too much about this cause I only use kontakt standalone for first time loading of new libraries to get sure that evrything is fine with registration but its just ennoying.

Evrytime I load a new library in the standalone version I mainly have the same piano sound in the forground, in the background there is very silent a little bit of the realy sound of the library/patch I load.

I have looked for all the setting but could find no place to change this. Must be a kind of default setting that just plays a piano sound no matter which preset/lib you load.

I use the integrated kontakt piano (no midi keyboard) only but with enabling the computer keyboard its the same.

Any hints for this ?

No, only one. As I said, I have a new library registered in native access, open kontakt standalone to see if the library is there (I had the problem that some librarys seems to need to be open in kontakt standalone before they are available in the plugin version in the daw) and then open one patch from the new library. Dont matter which library or patch I open, its ever this piano sound in the foreground :-(

Are you sure that this piano sound isn't coming from another app open at the same time?
As an example, having Pianotech (or any other app working in stand alone) opened at the same time.
Even an external module trigged via midi ans sending back audio to your computer?

Yes, nothing open except Kontakt Standalone, it has to come from some kontakt standalone alignment. And it has happenend evrytime I open a new library in standalone not only today. Its really strange like in some daw where you can enable kind of GM playback automatically. I really have no idea where I should look in kontakt for this. And when I open the library in the plugin version in the daw evrything is fine.

I would check if the piano sound really comes from Kontakt (which i doubt).

Possibly, Kontakt acts as a Midi pass-thru to another port where a plugin/software/gear is connected.
You should go to the Settings and deactivate some ports and see if you still get this piano sound.

No port enabled. It is really strange, think I will have to live with this, its no big problem, just thought maybe that had occured to someone else before.

Hello,
Please, I'm new to Kontakt and facing this same challenge, but the link returns page does not exist,
is there any other way to resolve this?
I turned off this option (options-midi-output-microsoft GS) in standalone and it's working. Don't know if this has implications in the overall audio or DAWs

Attachments

• SOLVED Kontakt standalone always plays a piano sound no matter which library/patch
    Capturar.PNG
    34.6 KB · Views: 3
Top Bottom