What's new

"Solo Opera" by Organic Samples | Solo Vocals VST for Kontakt

Will there be 24bit downloads for the Opera samples the way there is for the Middle Eastern ones?

Hi @c t , currently there is only a 24bit version available for Solo Opera as you get the download links. We may also add a lighter 16bit version if we get it requested.

Hey Frank ,

Dirk Ehlert did a demo with your library some time ago. Was never able to watch it though.

Do you have a link to the demo? I believe you need some more demos and/ or review on the site....

Hello @axb312 , I think I downloaded the video as it was still available on Twitch, here the link to the demo:

We will definitely add a review section and more demos. Lots of composers have been using our libraries over the past months and we should indeed feature them on our website. Obviously, I will need to send them a kind of formal request first before doing so.

Just bought your bundle and started testing the vocal libraries for now. I will probably only use the solo opera one in the near future but both are very playable and sound very good. Amazing work! I would be interested by a 16 bit version of the solo opera library by the way.

wow that demo from dirk ehlert is amazing. especially these deep tones in the beginning cought me. bought.

Last edited:
Hi @c t , currently there is only a 24bit version available for Solo Opera as you get the download links. We may also add a lighter 16bit version if we get it requested.

It's still the 32bit samples. I just redownloaded it to check, and samples are still 32; was hoping to get 24bit like the vol. 2.

It's still the 32bit samples. I just redownloaded it to check, and samples are still 32; was hoping to get 24bit like the vol. 2.

Ok, thank you for reporting this issue.
I will update the zip file as soon as I come back to our office so this problem should be solved within the next 24 hours.

Best,
Frank

Hello @axb312 , I think I downloaded the video as it was still available on Twitch, here the link to the demo:

We will definitely add a review section and more demos. Lots of composers have been using our libraries over the past months and we should indeed feature them on our website. Obviously, I will need to send them a kind of formal request first before doing so.

Thank you. How many dynamic layers do these libraries have (Solo Opera and Ethnic inspiration)? Also, are there different vowels at different dynamics or the same sound/ vowel throughout? Any plans to add additional sounds/ vowels in the future?

Thank you. How many dynamic layers do these libraries have (Solo Opera and Ethnic inspiration)? Also, are there different vowels at different dynamics or the same sound/ vowel throughout? Any plans to add additional sounds/ vowels in the future?

We will definitely expand our techniques for more deep-sampled instruments and vocals. Currently there is only one legato technique with one single dynamic layer. The performer was able to particularly focus on each interval and there were lots of retakes...

For us, it's really about a musical performance which has been recorded. And then to make a playable instrument out of it.

We will definitely expand our techniques for more deep-sampled instruments and vocals. Currently there is only one legato technique with one single dynamic layer. The performer was able to particularly focus on each interval and there were lots of retakes...

For us, it's really about a musical performance which has been recorded. And then to make a playable instrument out of it.

I honestly feel, and perhaps I'm totally wrong about this, but dynamics are perhaps one of the most important things about singing. How a singer sounds when singing softly vs how they sound when they sing loudly are very different.

The lack of dynamic layers (and possibly vibrato control) looks like a big gap to me, and unless these are promised in a free future update, I'm skipping this for now as it seems incomplete.

I honestly feel, and perhaps I'm totally wrong about this, but dynamics are perhaps one of the most important things about singing. How a singer sounds when singing softly vs how they sound when they sing loudly are very different.

The lack of dynamic layers (and possibly vibrato control) looks like a big gap to me, and unless these are promised in a free future update, I'm skipping this for now as it seems incomplete.

@organic-samples Would appreciate a response to this...

Last edited:
Hey @axb312 , sorry for not having answered your question yet.

As both libraries were our first public releases (we've been, and are still making custom libs), we wanted to offer a consistent library that, of course, isn't the most complete but which tries to show that sometimes, "less is more"

Sure, it's not a kind of deep sampled library, but the reason for that is also because of how we make those libs:
By recording everything in a few days in a row and not skipping any semitone, so as to get the most natural result.
It quickly becomes quite boring when you're the singer and sometimes, it's just a bit much to ask for 5 times more work by adding piano and forte layers, as well as vib / non-vib for each dynamic.

But we also plan to expand these libraries by recording some of those missing layers, this is something we plan to do in 2019.

Hey @axb312 , sorry for not having answered your question yet.

As both libraries were our first public releases (we've been, and are still making custom libs), we wanted to offer a consistent library that, of course, isn't the most complete but which tries to show that sometimes, "less is more"

Sure, it's not a kind of deep sampled library, but the reason for that is also because of how we make those libs:
By recording everything in a few days in a row and not skipping any semitone, so as to get the most natural result.
It quickly becomes quite boring when you're the singer and sometimes, it's just a bit much to ask for 5 times more work by adding piano and forte layers, as well as vib / non-vib for each dynamic.

But we also plan to expand these libraries by recording some of those missing layers, this is something we plan to do in 2019.

Thank you for the response. Would this be a free update or...?

Also, when are we likely to see some more demos and perhaps videos of creation of a track or two with these vocal libraries?

Last edited:
Hi Maxime !

Very good job that probably needs a few adjustments. I agree with the musicians who says that, for a voice, mono is better than stereo. I have to say that the voice in itself is beautiful. A real lyrical voice. Vibrato is correct. BUT, in my opinion there's a problem about the vowels. Let me explain that point. Sometimes I hear a "O" and sometimes an "A". I know (I'm a lyrical tenor) that in the High notes we have to "cover" the sound and an "A" becomes an "O" or preferably we sing a sound between "O" and "an". Now, here it cannot be realistic because the singer is "vocalizing" ! You see what I mean ?
To be clear as possible, this is a melody I initialy wrote for a solo violin but I tought it could be nice with a solo voice.
The voice starts at 1'12

Now, below is the voice part without accompaniment.
Do You hear the A/O/O/A/O/O and so on instead of A/A/A/A/A/A or O/O/O/O/O ? Can You do something about that ? It's not tragic but just annoying. Otherwise, teh voice is beautiful. Of course I should use a bend or something like that to work on the intensity. I know, it's my fault. But, can You fix that problem ? Many thanks, Paul

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/tristesse-voce-mp3.16482/][/AUDIOPLUS]

Attachments

• Tristesse voce.mp3
    1.7 MB · Views: 32
Hi Maxime !

Very good job that probably needs a few adjustments. I agree with the musicians who says that, for a voice, mono is better than stereo. I have to say that the voice in itself is beautiful. A real lyrical voice. Vibrato is correct. BUT, in my opinion there's a problem about the vowels. Let me explain that point. Sometimes I hear a "O" and sometimes an "A". I know (I'm a lyrical tenor) that in the High notes we have to "cover" the sound and an "A" becomes an "O" or preferably we sing a sound between "O" and "an". Now, here it cannot be realistic because the singer is "vocalizing" ! You see what I mean ?
To be clear as possible, this is a melody I initialy wrote for a solo violin but I tought it could be nice with a solo voice.
The voice starts at 1'12

Now, below is the voice part without accompaniment.
Do You hear the A/O/O/A/O/O and so on instead of A/A/A/A/A/A or O/O/O/O/O ? Can You do something about that ? It's not tragic but just annoying. Otherwise, teh voice is beautiful. Of course I should use a bend or something like that to work on the intensity. I know, it's my fault. But, can You fix that problem ? Many thanks, Paul

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/tristesse-voce-mp3.16482/][/AUDIOPLUS]

Hi Paul, I just forwarded your message to Maxime so he can take a look at it. Maybe that with a formant correction audio application it might be enhanced.

What many don't know about this library is that initially we had our set of samples but re-recorded nearly half of them because of the problem you mentioned. It's actually not that easy to maintain such a vowel during an entire session. But this is what I meant previously when saying that we "offer a consistent library".

Best,
Frank

I got it when it released, like @organic-samples said, it's not a deep sampled library by any means, but it really does sound good.

Just control your cc1 and you can make it sound awesome and real.

I watched the walkthroughs, I can tell it's not what you'd call "deep sampled" but it seems more than fair for the price point and sounds really great.

Reactions: EgM
Top Bottom