What's new

So, how exactly does the Spitfire BF thing work?

erica-grace

How does this work? You log in, add some things to your wish list, and hope that on BF you get an email saying you can have those products at x-percentage off list? Or is it something else? I was never really clear on this. :unsure:

So typically around xmas time, spitfire will issue you custom discount codes for items that are currently on your "wishlist." So be sure to add anything you would maybe like to get on discount to it now :)

How does this work?

First of all, Black Friday is its own thing and the Wishlist is a different thing.

Historically Black Friday does discounts but not as good as the Christmas Wishlist sales.

The Wishlist doesn't just happen over Christmas however. This year there was a Wishlist sale that happened in April (spring).

Like strongergodzilla said, just be sure to add the things you want on your Wishlist. I think whatever it is Spitfire Audio is merely feeding that desire to buy buy buy

I think that Wishlists are better than BF historically. Has been 40% off individual products, upto 65% off collections. That was the offer on the Spring wishlist last time.

I think whatever it is Spitfire Audio is merely feeding that desire to buy buy buy

Which is what both Black Friday and Christmas are all about, for almost every retail enterprise out there. I don’t know why Spitfire get singled out for this.

o typically around xmas time, spitfire will issue you custom discount codes for items that are currently on your "wishlist." So be sure to add anything you would maybe like to get on discount to it now
The only library I bought them was Jody Burgess Percussion for 249 euros ... I do not think I'll have a very interesting discount code?

While their Wishlist initiative is probably the way of getting the most generous offers from Spitfire, last couple of Black Friday sales they've used to offer a special one-time collection named "The Ton", which includes up to three products for 99€. This is the very reason why I still wait for them to finally announce the BF sale, hoping there will be a similar offer this year which includes the products I'm interested in. Otherwise, I would gladly spend my modest BF fund elsewhere, as there are some really good deals from the other developers.

Something I'm not clear on, does one guaranteed get a discount code for items on the whishlist, or is it random?

Unless they're changing something this year: If you think you might want something, put it on your wishlist and it will be discounted on Christmas. It's fine if your wishlist has a lot of other things on it, you should still be able to get the ones you're specifically after.

I think that Wishlists are better than BF historically. Has been 40% off individual products, upto 65% off collections. That was the offer on the Spring wishlist last time.

With the exception of their two BF bundles, one expensive and one cheap. Which have been really excellent deals if you want the included instruments.

With the exception of their two BF bundles, one expensive and one cheap. Which have been really excellent deals if you want the included instruments.
re: The collections, there's always a couple of instruments in there that I simply don't want.
I was keen to buy the Evolutions bundle because I like Symphonic and Angular & Woodwinds, but I didn't want Olafur's two or Evo3. So I would end up with at least 3 Evos I didn't want.
I was willing to spend $350 with them, but its not going to happen. If there was a little flexibility "create your own bundle" possibility I think we would have been both happy.

Last edited:
Yup looks like it! And they're discounting the SSD for BBCSO again too.
Tempted by this, but thinking about everything else I could buy now with those same funds, and where I have more pressing needs, and knowing that BBCSO will likely go on deeper discount later next year.

Do spitfire discount everything at 40 percent in a Xmas wish list sale, or only select products? Does the same discount apply to the collections? I’m thinking of just waiting till then to make a purchase as most of what I’m after is only 25% off

Top Bottom