What's new

Small library looking for a composer

That site's a pretty hilarious put-on... It kind of reminds me of this one:

Erik Larsen (Founder and COO)'s Bio says
:

"It gave me an early appreciation of the immense possibilities of construction kits. I quickly realised you can knock up a perfectly good track in no time at all and with very little effort! This can only be win/win for new composers who wish to bypass the whole learning thing...".

Geert Sommer's Bio says:

Geert is just a wild and crazy guy! When he is not snowboarding in Ringkollen, he is training for extreme 'snow-a-thons'.

and...

It is no surprise he needs a relaxing hobby and outside of working for us he is constantly honing homemade organic soup recipes for his forthcoming book Soup From The Woods. When preparing lunch for team meetings, office manager Tracy (see below) often uses Geert's home-grown organic herbs on her delicious baps.

Lass Ladd's Bio says:

Before we upload a track to our master database Lasse sprinkles a little magical fairy dusting of BLW (brick wall limiting), ensuring your track is at least as loud, if not louder, than any of the other 'major' music libraries.

and...

"As TV manufacturers are more attuned to limiting the volume produced by their products in order to prevent hearing loss, it was essential for us as mastering engineers to compensate for that by maximizing the volume of the tracks we put out. It is a war we simply must win!" With this in mind, it is no surprise that Lasse was one of the first in the business to recognize that distortion is the new reverse cymbal.

Markus's Bio says:

His early experience as in-house DJ at the local Premier Inn gave Markus a solid grounding. Since then he has developed a travelling disco ('Knight Fever' Tel: +47 35 57 33 992) which has now 'rocked' over 17 weddings.

Tracy Bradley's Bio Says:

Tracy hit the headlines in the UK in 2003 when she sellotaped 11 omelettes to her face to raise money for the local rotary club. The picture - and story of a hospital stay brought on by acute egg poisoning - subsequently appeared in the Keighley Chronicle unde the headline 'It's no Yolk for Tracy'.

Pretty silly stuff :P

Last edited:

:

"It gave me an early appreciation of the immense possibilities of construction kits. I quickly realised you can knock up a perfectly good track in no time at all and with very little effort! This can only be win/win for new composers who wish to bypass the whole learning thing...".

Geert Sommer's Bio says:

Geert is just a wild and crazy guy! When he is not snowboarding in Ringkollen, he is training for extreme 'snow-a-thons'.

and...

It is no surprise he needs a relaxing hobby and outside of working for us he is constantly honing homemade organic soup recipes for his forthcoming book Soup From The Woods. When preparing lunch for team meetings, office manager Tracy (see below) often uses Geert's home-grown organic herbs on her delicious baps.

Lass Ladd's Bio says:

Before we upload a track to our master database Lasse sprinkles a little magical fairy dusting of BLW (brick wall limiting), ensuring your track is at least as loud, if not louder, than any of the other 'major' music libraries.

and...

"As TV manufacturers are more attuned to limiting the volume produced by their products in order to prevent hearing loss, it was essential for us as mastering engineers to compensate for that by maximizing the volume of the tracks we put out. It is a war we simply must win!" With this in mind, it is no surprise that Lasse was one of the first in the business to recognize that distortion is the new reverse cymbal.

Markus's Bio says:

His early experience as in-house DJ at the local Premier Inn gave Markus a solid grounding. Since then he has developed a travelling disco ('Knight Fever' Tel: +47 35 57 33 992) which has now 'rocked' over 17 weddings.

Tracy hit the headlines in the UK in 2003 when she sellotaped 11 omelettes to her face to raise money for the local rotary club. The picture - and story of a hospital stay brought on by acute egg poisoning - subsequently appeared in the Keighley Chronicle unde the headline 'It's no Yolk for Tracy'.

I can't believe I missed it being not serious. I'll take my head out my own arse....

(edit : I should have read past the first page - there are some magnificent parts to the site...)

edit 2 : there is some serious SERIOUS talent shown on their "our music" page. https://qualityfreemusic.wixsite.com/qualityfreemusic/our-music

Last edited:
I can't believe I missed it being not serious. I'll take my head out my own arse....

(edit : I should have read past the first page - there are some magnificent parts to the site...)

edit 2 : there is some serious SERIOUS talent shown on their "our music" page. https://qualityfreemusic.wixsite.com/qualityfreemusic/our-music
When I 1st glanced it I thought the same, but after reading through a little later I could see it was a clever put on with lots of silly inside jokes. (Thankfully!)

The bit that maybe laugh the most was:

Applying a little BLW (Brickwall Limiting) .... It is a war we simply must win!" With this in mind, it is no surprise that Lasse was one of the first in the business to recognize that distortion is the new reverse cymbal.

(Although my honorable mention definitely goes to the line about construction kits, and bypassing the whole learning thing.)

Well played though for sure! :P

Last edited:
This conversation comes up regularly. But I'll add the same note I always do:

For the 99% of the IP-generating world that is *not* the music business the "no backend" model is accepted as an option without question. On this forum it's like an attack on a religion.

And plenty of other creatives - visual FX artists, painters, sculptors, video editors, motion graphics artists, etc. - get no back end. They get paid up front and do just fine.

It's a business decision. Upfront payment with no back end *can* be very lucrative, especially for the vast majority of the world that hasn't had any luck with the PRO mafias. Witness the success of libraries like Epidemic Sound.

rgames
I've never seen anyone agree with your take when you present it on pretty much any discussion about library music!

:

Geert Sommer's Bio says:

and...

Lass Ladd's Bio says:

and...

Markus's Bio says:

Thank you!

BTW, we had to sack Tracy as she was caught stealing Blu Tack :(

OMG, the next Epidemic, suckers unite!

Looks "interesting", don't call us, we will call yoU
:emoji_face_palm:

Last edited:
Top Bottom