What's new

Skybox Audio announces Hammers + Waves Modern Keyboard Collection

Hello VI Control Forum!

My name is Danny Dunlap. I’m a long time lurker here and co-founder of a fledgling sample library company called skybox Audio.

We’re very excited to announce the release of our first product. It’s a deep sampled 10 instrument modern keyboard collection called Hammers + Waves.

We hope you will find it incredibly useful and inspiring.

I’m well aware that no one thinks they need ANOTHER piano library. Especially on the heels of so many rapid fire piano releases the past few weeks. That being said, I’d like to quickly run down a few of the things that set this collection apart.

• Firstly it was recorded entirely by robotic automation. We designed a robot from the ground up with the sole purpose of capturing the most even and honest velocities possible. The results are instruments that respond freakishly like the originals.

• It’s a 10 instrument deep sampled collection including acoustic pianos, prepared acoustic pianos, electric pianos and bell tone instruments.

• The playback engine has too many of unique and innovative features to mention in this post.

• The complete bundle comes with 500 meta-tagged highly curated and USABLE presets.

Learn all about it at: https://www.skyboxaudio.com

We’re launching today with an intro price that will end August 31st.

Let us know if you have any questions by posting in this thread. Looking forward to everyone’s thoughts.

Thanks,

Danny

Last edited:
Maybe it would help to post the link right:

o_O

Not my price range anyway and, yes, I really dont need another piano library add all (and really not 10 of them) ;)

But very interesting idea, maybe other instruments to come ?

Attachments

• 1626377847437.png
    1626377847437.png
    140 KB · Views: 29
Maybe it would help to post the link right:

o_O

Not my price range anyway and, yes, I really dont need another piano library add all (and really not 10 of them) ;)

But very interesting idea, maybe other instruments to come ?
Hey Karl-

Thanks for the heads up on the link.... fixed now! I hear ya on the piano library thing... totally get it... and I know everyone says the same stuff but it's really worth checking out. Lots of things that you can't find anywhere else.

Cheers!

Danny

Are they any demos on the website that I can listen to? I can only find the flashy promotion vids.

Are they any demos on the website that I can listen to? I can only find the flashy promotion vids.
Hey Alex-

Sunny is right. I did a Ken Burns length walkthrough with Simeon yesterday. :) He's the greatest. Such a pleasure.

Also, you can hear demos of each instrument under the "What's Included" section of our website. The demos are in the form of a video. Each one is structured so that the front half is the default sound of the instrument with minimal accompaniment and the back half showcases what's possible with the engine using that instrument. The sounds in the demos are 90% coming from the instrument itself. (drums and a few string swells excluded). Those same videos can be found on a youtube playlist here (this embed will play through all the videos right in this post or click "Watch onYoutube" on the bottom left to open the playlist in a new window):

More info and sound examples can be seen/heard in our "Video Manual" here:

Hope this helps,

Thanks Alex!

Hi Danny (@skybox Audio)! Thanks so much for doing the livestream with @Simeon. It was great to have the developer providing an inside look for such an exciting product!

You mentioned during the stream that skybox Audio will eventually sell the four modules separately. A few questions on that:

1. Will those standalone modules still be Kontakt Player compatible?
2. What is the prospective pricing per module?

I'm just trying to make a good decision regarding the intro pricing given the specific parts of the Hammers + Waves library that I will actually use.

Thanks so much for making such a cool library!

Hi Danny (@skybox Audio)! Thanks so much for doing the livestream with @Simeon. It was great to have the developer providing an inside look for such an exciting product!

You mentioned during the stream that skybox Audio will eventually sell the four modules separately. A few questions on that:

1. Will those standalone modules still be Kontakt Player compatible?
2. What is the prospective pricing per module?

I'm just trying to make a good decision regarding the intro pricing given the specific parts of the Hammers + Waves library that I will actually use.

Thanks so much for making such a cool library!
Hi Davinwv-

Simeon is a national treasure.

Yes we will eventually break off the 4 bundles into individual products. No time frame is planned right now but it will certainly be some time after the intro sale has ended. The pricing will most likely be as follows:

Acoustic - $189 Retail - $129 intro price
Electric - $129 Retail - $99 intro price
Chime - $129 Retail - $99 intro price
Prepared - $129 Retail - $99 intro price

So grabbing the complete bundle now is definitely the best value. But I am certainly biased ;).

Hi Davinwv-

Simeon is a national treasure.

Yes we will eventually break off the 4 bundles into individual products. No time frame is planned right now but it will certainly be some time after the intro sale has ended. The pricing will most likely be as follows:

Acoustic - $189 Retail - $129 intro price
Electric - $129 Retail - $99 intro price
Chime - $129 Retail - $99 intro price
Prepared - $129 Retail - $99 intro price

So grabbing the complete bundle now is definitely the best value. But I am certainly biased ;).

Agreed - both as to @Simeon and the value of the intro complete bundle price. Getting everything for $20 more than just the acoustics & electrics is a no-brainer!

Another question:

How does the 58GB total installed size of the complete bundle break down among the 4 constituent bundles?

Agreed - both as to @Simeon and the value of the intro complete bundle price. Getting everything for $20 more than just the acoustics & electrics is a no-brainer!

Another question:

How does the 58GB total installed size of the complete bundle break down among the 4 constituent bundles?
Complete it's 53.8GB and it breaks down like this:

Acoustic - 22.81GB
Electric - 9.88 GB
Chime - 8.99 GB
Prepared - 12.12 GB

I love the idea! As you have already said that you're planning on releasing individual modules, I'm looking forward to that! Congrats guys!

Thanks Filip -

Every instrument is sampled at 16 velocity layers. (Cause the robot said so ;)) Even the release samples are 16 zones!

BTW Jamming your youtube channel now. Sounds good!
Thanks for the reply! 16 sounds great!! And thanks for checking out my YT channel :)

Top Bottom