What's new

Silver Fang/Nagareboshi Gin - main theme cover

pkoi

Here's a cover of the main theme of the classic anime Silver Fang sung in Finnish. I produced and played all the instruments (+ made the music video) and my singer friend handled the vocals. This anime was a huge thing in Finland in the 90s. Part of the charm was that the Finnish dubbed version was heavily shortened, perhaps due to the violence in the series or for budget reasons, and because of this the plot occasionally made very little sense :emoji_grin:The music video uses a heavy VHS-style of filter, as I remember watching this show from worn out VHS-tapes as a kid. I also did a lot of 3D modelling with blender for the background textures (it's a hobby of mine).

Soundwise I tried to stay quite loyal to the original. The synths used in this one were: Yamaha TX with the DX7 presets loaded (bass + most of the melodic material), a vst-version of KORG M1 for the piano, some choir-pads and some other melodic material, Behringer pro-800 for more softer pads and Roland JX-08 for some additional pads. There's also a bit of Korg Volca Keys doubling the bass with a 16th note pattern and some Korg Poly 800 for doubling on some of the melodies. The guitars were recorded from a tube screamer to a tube preamplifier and from there to amplitube 5. Everything is swimming in 80s style digital reverb (Valhalla Vintageverb & Arturia LX-24). I hope you like it!

Top Bottom