What's new

Silence+Other Sounds: Maleventum Pompeii - Horns and Drums of ancient Rome - 30% Intro Sale

GiuseppeS+OS

Hello everyone,
I'm glad to announce that we've just launched Maleventum Pompeii, with an intro sale of 30%.

Up to 51% discounts on our other products (regardless of the pre-order of Maleventum Pompeii)

TRAILER:

QUICK SOUNDS & INSTRUMENTS DEMO:

We have collaborated with producer and ancient instruments expert Francesco Landucci to record a vast array of horns and drums in an original Roman water cistern environment, at the archeological site of Cecina Italy.
Most of the instruments have been captured with both close and room microphones, to provide the flexibility to blend/switch from a more intimate, breathy sound to a more evocative one.
Maleventum Pompeii features the following original instruments:
- Horns : Roman Cornu, Lituus, Roman Tuba, Aulos, goat animal horns of various sizes and typologies.
- Flutes , whistles and pan-flutes (syrinx)
- Drums & Percussions: Timpana, Tintinnabula, Crotala, Sistrum- Weapons : swords, spears, metals, helmets

With the 15 meticulously crafted Kontakt instruments, Maleventum Pompeii allows a wide range of composition possibilities, from playable solo horns instruments to evocative horns layers, from war horns sound design instruments to phrases, percussion loops and one-shots.

Requires the FULL version of Kontakt 6.6.1 or above, the free Kontakt Player is not supported.

Last edited:
Amazing! I don't normally pre-order things, this, however, was an instant buy for me, it's been amazing seeing the progress since you first announced it. Keep up the great work!

Hello everyone, as previously mentioned I'm sharing here the first detailed walkthrough video of Maleventum Pompeii, this one is focused on the sound design instruments featured in the library.

It's a playlist that I'll keep updating with new videos about the other instruments in the following weeks, keep an eye on it if you want to have a deeper view of Pompeii during the pre-order time.

Hello everyone, as previously mentioned I'm sharing here the first detailed walkthrough video of Maleventum Pompeii, this one is focused on the sound design instruments featured in the library.

It's a playlist that I'll keep updating with new videos about the other instruments in the following weeks, keep an eye on it if you want to have a deeper view of Pompeii during the pre-order time.

The War Horns Builder looks/sounds great! Is there any overlap with Maleventum Epic War Horns?

The War Horns Builder looks/sounds great! Is there any overlap with Maleventum Epic War Horns?
thanks a lot. The SFX war horns and the Horns Layers is where there's more overlapping, although the overall sound is different. Solo instruments, percussions and war horn builders are not featured in Maleventum 1.

Watched the War Horn builder and the sounds are FANTASTIC! So unique and very well recorded. For sure this is now on my radar! But it wasnt clear from the video or your product page if there are any round robins recorded? I am concerned that event though you can very the lengths and the loop points sound smooth, the starts and release samples are too identifiable and will be very recognizable when used in any sort of repeated pattern. Are there any sort of round robins in the War Horn builder?

Thanks so much for creating this very unique library! Looking forward to hopefully more walk through videos before the intro price ends.

Watched the War Horn builder and the sounds are FANTASTIC! So unique and very well recorded. For sure this is now on my radar! But it wasnt clear from the video or your product page if there are any round robins recorded? I am concerned that event though you can very the lengths and the loop points sound smooth, the starts and release samples are too identifiable and will be very recognizable when used in any sort of repeated pattern. Are there any sort of round robins in the War Horn builder?

Thanks so much for creating this very unique library! Looking forward to hopefully more walk through videos before the intro price ends.
Hi there, thanks a lot. The War Horns builder doesn't feature round robins, it's meant as a sound design tool rather than a properly playable instrument (although you can play melodies over two octaves). You find round robins in the solo horns instruments, which are meant to play more traditional melodies.

A few words about the concept behind the War Horns builders instruments: with Maleventum 1, many customers suggested to add something to create more customizable horns stabs rather than pre-preprocessed ones. So the idea has been to recreate in a Kontakt instrument the layering approach that I used to create the War Horns stabs in Maleventum 1: several layers of both original unprocessed horns stabs and sound design elements, so that you have the freedom to range from a simple original sound to a more cinematic, "trailer-ish" kind of sound.

I'll leave here the walkthrough video about the solo horns, which as mentioned before feature round robins:

Hello everyone,
just a friendly reminder that the pre-order of Maleventum Pompeii ends today (the price will switch from 40% to 30% discount).
In case someone misses the pre-order for a few hours due to timezone issues etc, feel free to write me an email and I'll provide a custom coupon to set the price to pre-order. Meanwhile, here's the full walkthrough. Thanks a lot to those who have pre-ordered!

Looking forward to this! I tried to pre order, but during checkout, the price jumps to 99$. I sent a message via the contact form as well and I'm sure I'll get help to get the pre order price. I just wanted to post this here in case someone has similar issues!

Stoked for Maleventum Pompei! (I have 1+2 already)

Looking forward to this! I tried to pre order, but during checkout, the price jumps to 99$. I sent a message via the contact form as well and I'm sure I'll get help to get the pre order price. I just wanted to post this here in case someone has similar issues!

Stoked for Maleventum Pompei! (I have 1+2 already)
hi, sent a coupon your way to restore the pre-order price. Again, for those of you who have missed the preorder today (December 8th) just send me an email and I'll take care of it.

Wow! This is absolutely phenomenal! Sample library of the year easily, of the decade even!
It's awesome to have access to those unique sounds, not just as one shots but as playable instruments. Those attack and release options with their ornamental approach add to the authenticity. Then there are many one-shot phrases. All sounds very atmospheric and archaic, strange and beautiful. I'm placing them in a more experimental track at the moment together with an orchestra and it sounds incredibly mighty and ancient.

I have become a fan of the series. I just checked, and Maleventum II has playable instruments as well. It seems like I forgot that haha, might happen to a collector. Looking forward to what's next! Maybe some ancient bowed strings with drone notes? Very hard to sample.

It's awesome to have access to those unique sounds, not just as one shots but as playable instruments. Those attack and release options with their ornamental approach add to the authenticity. Then there are many one-shot phrases. All sounds very atmospheric and archaic, strange and beautiful. I'm placing them in a more experimental track at the moment together with an orchestra and it sounds incredibly mighty and ancient.

I have become a fan of the series. I just checked, and Maleventum II has playable instruments as well. It seems like I forgot that haha, might happen to a collector. Looking forward to what's next! Maybe some ancient bowed strings with drone notes? Very hard to sample.
Thanks so much!
Well, there's a percussion library I plan to record in the very same room, but waaaay more detailed than the percussion instruments in Pompeii (oh, and with a very special guest which you certainly know but I won't tell more!).
And for bowed strings, there's a tagelharpa library that's been in the making for a while. Oh, and Omen 2 as well. ALL of them planned in 2024, if my wife won't lock me out of the studio, the home, and her life.

I just did my first walk through for requested impressions from Zero-G and . . . very nice---and nice surprises! A lot of stuff and capabilities in this library. A number of targeted interfaces and the randomization and "Extend" (stretch the last sound across the keyboard) features are really appreciated. Monstrously quick to create new instruments and sounds from a host of snapshots and sounds already provided---not to mention a healthy helping of MPE multis.

You're batting a thousand.

Paj
8^)

Top Bottom