What's new

Show me your desk

I recently bought the A88 MKII because its clutter free top allows me to setup like this. My desk, which I like, has a glass top, so drawers and attachments etc aren't possible. Happy with this arrangement so far. I have an Aeron chair arriving next week & I hope the forward tilt will further enhance this.
desk setup.jpg

This is the second one I made of three current orders for my composer's desks, and it's my new favorite finish (although the third one I'm working on now is solid walnut, which is absolutely gorgeous in a different way).

It's solid oak, and the finish is called Weathered Wood, not a stain but a chemical reaction that creates something like a reclaimed wood look. (And then it's covered with a polyurethane topcoat for durability.) I just *love* it.

Attachments

• CameraRoll_26.jpg
    CameraRoll_26.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 240
  • CameraRoll_23.jpg
    CameraRoll_23.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 167
This a work bench from Home Depot

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-5...ERCH=REC-_-pipsem-_-206288247-_-307723266-_-N

But when I remove one of the two very slim drawers, designed for tools, the second remaining sliding drawer fits my 61 Key midi control keyboard like a glove. The height is fully adjustable up and downso you can sit or stand. And computer and gear store on the lower back support bar. It comes in wider configurations, but not with the drawers.

Studio Desk.jpg

Jack in for the win.
The Kii stack ....... oh man ......
If that's a 28 core mac pro .....
It's your fault... you're the one who first told me about the Kii's.
You'll find me outside of Walmart with a tin cup in my hand.

Nope, 16-core Mac Pro. It's faster than the 28.

Drop by next time you're in the Phoenix area.

OmIA6gH.jpg

1ZWm1XY.jpg

a9D0D47.jpg

NN6XmMN.jpg

^ By the way, the heat doesn't bother me, the issues are that it makes wood warp and that... well, imagine spreading diluted white glue on a hot frying pan. It congeals. That's pretty much what applying polyurethane in the hot sun is like!

Also, manly machines and tools get too hot to touch.

^ By the way, the heat doesn't bother me

That's because Nick hires me to bring my turntables over. He hooks up his garden hose and has me spray him down (from a safe, masked 6 feet away) while while works shirtless to the sound of some dope vinyl beats. The heat, water, and smell of freshly cut wood and polyurethane against the thumping music are really something. LA heat waves are nothing compared to that hotness.

Last edited:
Top Bottom