What's new

Show me your desk

Tastefully done. I think at least half of the equation is how the space makes you feel.

so true. I simply can't face my rig having me face any wall for example. so my desk is pretty much in the middle of the room with doors to garden behind me. open space etc etc...

so true. I simply can't face my rig having me face any wall for example. so my desk is pretty much in the middle of the room with doors to garden behind me. open space etc etc...

Yes. My setup is similar - I face the front window, sitting about 7' back.

No question, the feeling comes first when you have to work in your room all day long. In my case that happens to coincide with the best orientation for acoustics, but I'd want to face the window either way.

There are almost always compromises.

re - ergonomics & workflow: this is the latest addition to my “rig” - A LAGON 160x80cm tempered glass worktop from Habitat.
It allows me to keep the Komplete Kontrol Mk2 88 tucked under the work surface so only the led strip and keys protrude. The remaining buttons knobs and displays are all UNDERNEATH the desktop but still accessible and visible without needing any sliding in and out. IMG_0151.jpeg

Last edited:
re - ergonomics & workflow: this is the latest addition to my “rig” - A LAGON 160x80cm tempered glass worktop from Habitat.
It allows me to keep the Komplete Kontrol Mk2 88 tucked under the work surface so only the led strip and keys protrude. The remaining buttons knobs and displays are all UNDERNEATH the desktop but still accessible and visible without needing any sliding in and out.

Looks sweet. Which height do you have the table surface on? I'd love to replicate such a setup, but I find everything higher than 72cm pretty uncomfortable for my wrists. Based on that level then a keyboard beneath is often too low to play comfortable. One or the other is always uncomfortable :(

It allows me to keep the Komplete Kontrol Mk2 88 tucked under the work surface so only the led strip and keys protrude. The remaining buttons knobs and displays are all UNDERNEATH the desktop but still accessible and visible without needing any sliding in and out.

It’s like Junkie XL studio but with less gear! ;)

Hi there.

Quick update on my desk.

- central 4K monitor to correct my twisted neck (and shows more instruments)
- new stands
- my DIY rack on the right fits well with brand new Apollo
- some goodies to personalize the mood

IMG_20191222_115528.jpg

That looks very nice! If you don't mind, I'd be interested to see how you fixed the Keyboard "into" the tabletop.

Looks sweet. Which height do you have the table surface on? I'd love to replicate such a setup, but I find everything higher than 72cm pretty uncomfortable for my wrists. Based on that level then a keyboard beneath is often too low to play comfortable. One or the other is always uncomfortable :(

thanks.

The height is around 550mm-580 as I recall. definitely lower than 600 and I know because I was hoping to replace the X type quiklok keyboard stand on which the Komplete Kontrol mkII 88 sits with a stand that just supports at the sides and has more room for legs - like the K&M Table-style OMEGA STAND ( and its clones ) but it appears that the lowest those stands go is 600mm and thats why for time being im sticking with the Quiklok Z frame to support the glass top and Quiklok X frame to support the keyboard controller.

Last edited:

how tall is that?. ( or in your case... wide )

I have a 38" ultra wide LG which is very new and really fine for now. Because it has 1600 pixels vertically it has enough room for showing mixer below the track view. (cubase ) but being greedy - a second display below would be rather nice. but only if it wasn't too tall.
( like in that recent cubase 10.5 upgrade picture )

It’s like Junkie XL studio but with less gear! ;)

LOL. thats quite a complement.

But I think I'm probably the opposite to Junkie and ppl like Zimmer and most others.... in that I'm really aiming to have an ultra-minimal setup.
( and for the foreseeable time being - no "real" analogue synths - whether modular, or whatever.... at all..

I'm all into the controllerism thing for now. And I think that has so much further to go in possibilities that what's around right now. ( specially once MIDI HD ..(2.0). kicks in )

how tall is that?. ( or in your case... wide )

I have a 38" ultra wide LG which is very new and really fine for now. Because it has 1600 pixels vertically it has enough room for showing mixer below the track view. (cubase ) but being greedy - a second display below would be rather nice. but only if it wasn't too tall.
( like in that recent cubase 10.5 upgrade picture )

Little over 80 centimeters, or about 2.7 feet (1440 pixels).

Can I ask which brand it is?
Also can you share a picture of how it is mounted?

It's this one.

It's mounted to the monitor arm, it doesn't have the pivot function by itself.

IMG_20191226_202239.jpg

Top Bottom