What's new

Shared Session Available - String Orchestra

clockwork

Clockwork Sessions
  • Saturday, September 22, 2018
  • 10:00 AM 5:00 PM
Shared session with the Scottish Session Orchestra in New Auditorium Glasgow Royal Concert Hall over source connect.

Clockwork Sessions is offering the unique opportunity to record with some of the U.K’s finest musicians, engineers and producers.

25 piece string section:
  • 8 - 1st Violins
  • 6 - 2nd Violins
  • 4 - Violas
  • 4 - Celli
  • 3 - Double Bass
The Price:

£60 per min (exc vat) of actual recording time. (Overtime available in 15min parts)

We will provide:
Midi to score conversion, arranging service, producer, conductor, musicians, studio/hall, engineers, Pro Tools rig, Pre-production session prep, Post-production Editing, Source-Live, library service and file transfer.
Mixing and mastering with our Grammy award winning engineer David Donaldson is at separate cost.

Add additional instruments at £100 per player. Once the additional instrument is confirmed we will update to include it in the shared session and other clients will be made aware. If other clients in the same session choose to use the same instrument, the cost will be shared between you.

Use less players if you are purchasing a minimum of 60mins of session time - contact us for more details. HD video available at extra cost.

Every score is different, but we recommend an average of 10 min recording time to record 1 min of written material for scores of moderate complexity. Get in touch to discuss your score, or feel free to submit it. Join our mailing list to become part of our network of composers.

Clockwork offers not only a competitive rate, but the very best in both musicians and production quality.

Deadline for score submission Sept 15, 2018

https://clockworksessions.com/next-sessions/

I'm just so nervous about things like this after the 99 Dollar Orchestra fiasco. Is there follow through? Are people getting their files on time and liking the results?

Hi Matt,

We are a group of industry professionals offering shared sessions as part of our service. We have been operating for the last year and you can view testimonials from composers such as Craig Armstrong and view lots of session footage on our site. All sessions are delivered on time and are of the highest quality using principals and members from orchestras such as BBC SSO, Royal Scottish National Orchestra, and SCO. We are offering UK standard recording with this new model and we are fully approved contractors of the Musicians Union https://www.musiciansunion.org.uk/H...asting/Session-Musicians/Approved-Contractors

Do get in touch if you'd like more info - or do get in touch with any of our last clients for references (such as noxtenebrae17)

www.clockworksessions.com

All the best,
Adam

"I was really impressed by the Scottish Session Orchestra, their hard work, focussed commitment and wonderful playing. It was a pleasure to perform with them." Craig Armstrong

Fantastic experience with Clockwork. Very easy to work with. Great sounding recording quality and top-notch players. I was able to connect with them online and listen/interact while they were recording the section for my song. I thought of a couple of dynamic and note changes I wanted to change as I was listening and they did it on-the-spot. Definitely recommended!

John Boegehold - Composer - USA

I'm just so nervous about things like this after the 99 Dollar Orchestra fiasco. Is there follow through? Are people getting their files on time and liking the results?
Hi Matt,

Clockwork Sessions is definitely one of the best groups you can work with. The players are really fantastic (some of the best UK players) and Kobus and Adam (producer/conductor) are great to work with. They give you good feedback on what they'd recommend doing with the score to get the performance you're looking for. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

I will be working with them again in the future.

Top Bottom