What's new

Sale, Sale, Sale: SYNCHRON-ized Woodwinds & VI buy one, get one for free

Any drawbacks to the old VI player with the latest OS? Mojave actually, not Catalina...but also Catalina in case I upgrade? Thanks.

Damn you guys make it hard to skip over VSL.. LOL But I've been eyeing those winds for a long time now.,,Should I wait for the Pro version? :)
I was asking myself the same question, but I figured the release date of Synchron Woodwinds Pro might be more than a year in the future, and even if it will be released is not certain. Also, I figured the synchronized woodwinds can be used with very little reverb, and therefore might be more suitable for blending with other libs. Not sure how this compares to using just the close mic of a true Synchron library... Anyway I got them, and also Regulus (FX Strings I scaled down) and Solaris. So combined with SySPro full and Phoenix and Quasar (Synchron Percussion I + II scaled down), the only question now is what to do about the brass... :)

I was asking myself the same question, but I figured the release date of Synchron Woodwinds Pro might be more than a year in the future, and even if it will be released is not certain. Also, I figured the synchronized woodwinds can be used with very little reverb, and therefore might be more suitable for blending with other libs. Not sure how this compares to using just the close mic of a true Synchron library... Anyway I got them, and also Regulus (FX Strings I scaled down) and Solaris. So combined with SySPro full and Phoenix and Quasar (Synchron Precussion I + II scaled down). The only question now is what to do about the brass... :)
So I am pondering this question, being that I think I'm covered for winds...BUT, being that I now have BBCSO Pro, and their solo brass especially seems to be lacking a bit...I thought why not take advantage of adding a couple of horns from the VI single collection. The price is ridiculously low especially for two...that it might be worth getting that instead. Hell...might even get the winds by the end of the sale...but the brass singles seem like a great deal. I am just not sure how the VI player works with the latest Pro Tools and OS.

So I am pondering this question, being that I think I'm covered for winds...BUT, being that I now have BBCSO Pro, and their solo brass especially seems to be lacking a bit...I thought why not take advantage of adding a couple of horns from the VI single collection. The price is ridiculously low especially for two...that it might be worth getting that instead. Hell...might even get the winds by the end of the sale...but the brass singles seem like a great deal. I am just not sure how the VI player works with the latest Pro Tools and OS.
I also have BBCSO Pro and I haven't thought yet about how to replace the solo horn. I have plenty of others, like HWB, SSB en Century Brass, but indeed a VI single lib might be a good choice as they are completely dry, and the offer is good. Hmm. I'm going to think about this.

I wish they had a solo tuba, a contrabass tuba and a trombone ensemble as separate instruments in BBO Hercules... Then if they would also release a solo horn and a solo trumpet in BBO I would be satisfied with all the BBO brass libs. I want a Synchron brass lib to complement the other Synchron libs. So I think my best bet is to wait for Synchron Brass Pro as the Synchronized Dimension Brass I + II is a little expensive for not being exactly what I'm looking for.

I also have BBCSO Pro and I haven't thought yet about how to replace the solo horn. I have plenty of others, like HWB, SSB en Century Brass, but indeed a VI single lib might be a good choice as they are completely dry, and the offer is good. Hmm. I'm going to think about this.

I wish they had a solo tuba, a contrabass tuba and a trombone ensemble as separate instruments in BBO Hercules... Then if they would also release a solo horn and a solo trumpet in BBO I would be satisfied with all the BBO brass libs. I want a Synchron brass lib to complement the other Synchron libs. So I think my best bet is to wait for Synchron Brass Pro as the Synchronized Dimension Brass I + II is a little expensive for not being exactly what I'm looking for.
I am hoping for an expansion on the BBO brass also, but that might not happen. I may just get the VI brass on sale now...very reasonable for two instruments.

I am hoping for an expansion on the BBO brass also, but that might not happen. I may just get the VI brass on sale now...very reasonable for two instruments.
I looked at the solo horns on sale (Viennese and Triple horn), but my guess is those are not the same as the solo horn in BBCSO (probably a double horn)...

I looked at the solo horns on sale (Viennese and Triple horn), but my guess is those are not the same as the solo horn in BBCSO (probably a double horn)...
yeah might not be exact, but might blend...I also have Century Brass bundle, so might try there first, but I do like the sound of the VSL brass for sure. I have some time to think about it.

The Viennese is totally different for tubing and keys. The Triple is an improved Double. The Viennese has more articulations, but sounds different than the Double/Triple.

I would also check the Dimension Brass.

Paolo

You can find more information about the Viennese Horn and the differences to the Double/Triple Horn here in our Academy: https://www.vsl.co.at/Brass/Horn_in_F

I played the Horn in F (not the Viennese one) for a while myself, the difference of single/double/triple horn are additional tubings and valves making it easier to play high notes / add more notes to the instrument range.

Can you confirm that no additional reduction is to be expected when owning the older VSL SE Woodwinds Vol. 1 and 2? :) Thanks!

As an owner and big fan of VSL WW 1&2,are there any reasons to get the synchronized version? What the pro/cons of these versions?

Any drawbacks to the old VI player with the latest OS? Mojave actually, not Catalina...but also Catalina in case I upgrade? Thanks.
VI Pro so far is the best engine ever, I’ve been using that for years, from Mac OS Maverick to now, Mojave, never had any crash or performance issues. Also, VI Pro is the most flexible engine ever, you are able to design presets to suite your workflow and playing style. I wish VSL don’t forsake VI Pro.

Top Bottom