What's new

Sale Now On: Toska

Noon Instruments

nooninstruments.com

----

Toska is a palette of evolving, atmospheric textures created from multi-layered, imperfect performances.

A unique combination of analog synths, brass, strings, winds, vocals and field recordings have been heavily processed to create a collection of immediate, contemporary sounds.

The source material is carefully curated to offer depth, movement and colour to modern composition.

It is an instrument with Toska at its heart.

“No single word in English renders all the shades of Toska. At its deepest and most painful, it is a sensation of great spiritual anguish, often without any specific cause.”

Sale price of £69 is available until 30/11/23 (regular price £89).

If you are currently receiving Universal Credit, read more here.

----

⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
5/5 Stars - Sound on Sound - "Of course, we are not short of ‘evolving pad’ virtual instruments so, the slightly quirky nature of the UI aside, you might be thinking ‘so what?’ To which the answer, as soon as you step through a few of the presets, will be ‘ah, that’s what...’ because Toska sounds absolutely fabulous."

Sample Library Review (@donbodin) - "It’ll be great for those scores inspired by Blade Runner, Stranger Things, etc. It stands out from other libraries with the sheer depth and size of the sounds, and the variety of included effects and controls allow you to have a clean sound, or something more raw and distorted."

Snakes of Russia - “Rarely do I connect with an instrument this fast…it’s deep, sounds gorgeous and very immediate.”

----

Is this disclaimer still relevant?

"Using Windows?
Kontakt’s effects may respond differently on PC. When using Windows, some of Toska’s effects, specifically the Wash and Absorb Menu are extremely CPU intensive. It is recommended that you use a Mac to run Toska if possible. If you’re having issues when using a PC, try setting the Wash and Absorb Menu controls to 0."

Is this disclaimer still relevant?

"Using Windows?
Kontakt’s effects may respond differently on PC. When using Windows, some of Toska’s effects, specifically the Wash and Absorb Menu are extremely CPU intensive. It is recommended that you use a Mac to run Toska if possible. If you’re having issues when using a PC, try setting the Wash and Absorb Menu controls to 0."
I believe I read that with Kontakt 7, PC users were having better results. I cannot confirm 100%. I know I keep coming back to listen to this library, it is stunning from what I have heard, but the thought I may have issues…well.

The sounds and presentation are indeed lovely!..

While I’m on Mac, the previous questions about CPU performance remind me how much I appreciate when devs don’t disable the wrench, so “power users” can go in and tweak things - or in this case, maybe disable CPU heavy effects that might be compromising performance and usability.

Also I’ll bang on about more utilitarian/tendinitis friendly interfaces, with sliders wider than 3px, and less artful controls in general. 🧐

Despite those niggles, I’ll probably still pick this up, the sounds really are outstanding and inspiring.

Now I 🤲🧼📦🚶‍♂️.

I believe I read that with Kontakt 7, PC users were having better results. I cannot confirm 100%. I know I keep coming back to listen to this library, it is stunning from what I have heard, but the thought I may have issues…well.
Thanks so much for checking out Toska and for the kind words. Really appreciate the support. We've been told by NI that the issue mentioned by @Alchemedia has still not been addressed in Kontakt 7. However we have received many positive updates from PC users running Toska on Kontakt 7 & Kontakt 7 Player including this recent review from The Sampleist.

As frustrating as this is for PC users we feel that being as transparent possible with this issue at least allows people using Windows to make an informed decision before purchasing Toska.

There's a lot more talk about this over on our Announcement thread as well as a number of demos and reviews.

Hope this helps and thanks so much again.

Purchased last night and very, very happy with it. I had my reservations with the Windows/Kontakt issue but so far it is handling everything perfectly. It is a vast and beautiful library, both sonically and visually. I really wasn't expecting the amount of variation within each patch. Truly can't wait to see what @Noon Instruments does next.

Tech notes: Kontakt 7.7 (update this morning), Win10, i7-13700K very minimal OC, 64gb ram, Live 11, Motu M4 tracking with a 64 sample buffer, 48000 sample rate. Hopefully this will help anyone on the fence, although, to be clear, I make no claims that it will work for you and your system.

Purchased last night and very, very happy with it. I had my reservations with the Windows/Kontakt issue but so far it is handling everything perfectly. It is a vast and beautiful library, both sonically and visually. I really wasn't expecting the amount of variation within each patch. Truly can't wait to see what @Noon Instruments does next.

Tech notes: Kontakt 7.7 (update this morning), Win10, i7-13700K very minimal OC, 64gb ram, Live 11, Motu M4 tracking with a 64 sample buffer, 48000 sample rate. Hopefully this will help anyone on the fence, although, to be clear, I make no claims that it will work for you and your system.
Thanks so much for the update and for the kind words @jehovahlicious & @TiLT.

Really excited to hear what you do with it!

Top Bottom