What's new

Replacing a sample in different velocity layers

Fedex

I'm looking for a way(script or whatever works) of replacing a sample shared by different velocity layers. I'm willing to pay for a script that does this (I'm pretty sick of replacing each sample, it's the same damn sample, one by one)!

Attachments

• kontakt instrument.jpg
    kontakt instrument.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 15
Not sure what it is exactly you're trying to do, but why not take one sample and stretch it?
1713519944671.png

I have one large sample assigned to 127 velocity layers. Each layer uses different sample loop. Velocity is controlling sample start. I'm looking for a way to easily replace all samples, simply point to another sample of exactly the same size. Now I'm replacing every single sample one by one, which sucks.

Last edited:
Looks like I found a workaround: delete or rename sample used, and when opening instrument, Kontakt will prompt for another one that can be any file.

Uiroo has a very relevant question - why would you have the same sample in different velocity addresses
1713550554214.png

when you can do

1713550574686.png

or maybe we didn't understand what you are asking.

In any case, changing samples for particular zones programmatically (not manually) is done either through Creator Tools and Lua (K 6.x) or Kontakt API (K 7.x)

Each velocity layer has the same sample but with different sample start and end stored in each layer. In effect I'm changing sample position with velocity. I wrote vocal sequencing tool for Renoise that uses words rendered in Synth V. Note velocity is used to control word length. It's easy to render words with Synth V this way, and also change word length in Renoise.

Last edited:
Yea, I tried that first, but it was too imprecise and causing artifacts. This works much better.

in KSP scripting if you can have sample start precision down to the exact sample you want
and you can show that on the UI as well

I already have it all set up, with Synth V end that looks like this:

synth V.jpg

I just render a new word, replace it in Kontakt and save to a new instrument.

Top Bottom