What's new

Recommend me Kontakt libraries!

Pie

Hello kind people,

I'm looking to expand my Kontakt library some more... I make hiphop.

I have:

Rinasciamento
Erhu & Esraj
Ancient World
Vocalise 2
Mallet Flux
Session Horns Pro
Olafur Arnald's Composer Toolkit

I'm looking for similar high quality ethnic type stuff... can be rare... feel free to share any beautiful libraries such as the ones I listed.

If this is the wrong place to post this - please let me know.

Thanks for reading :)

Some of Ethnic World 6's recordings aren't new but it's quite a comprehensive collection. Look it up!
I really like Impact Soundworks' Guzheng and Koto Nation, too. Good stuff!
I would also have other advice to give but their not on Kontakt (Eduardo Tarilonte's amazing libraries and the rather good UVI World Suite 2 - both work with free players).

Reactions: Pie
My recommendations are:

8dio Santur
8dio Qanun
8dio Lyre

and especially 8dio Bazantar, currently on sale for $38

Great ethnic instruments. Also check out their freebies

Reactions: Pie
Some of Ethnic World 6's recordings aren't new but it's quite a comprehensive collection. Look it up!
I really like Impact Soundworks' Guzheng and Koto Nation, too. Good stuff!
I would also have other advice to give but their not on Kontakt (Eduardo Tarilonte's amazing libraries and the rather good UVI World Suite 2 - both work with free players).

Thanks for the suggestions! I've heard of Ethno World 6 - I read a couple of mixed reviews but in general it seems really great. Haven't heard of the others you mentioned, will check them out now!

And Eduardo Tarilonte's stuff seems so amazing! I was actually really caught between buying Forest Kingdom II and Rinasciemento during the Black Friday sales. I thought his libraries did work with Kontakt though? Some of his stuff is on my list for sure :)

My recommendations are:

8dio Santur
8dio Qanun
8dio Lyre

Very nice! This was the kind of stuff I'd hoped to see in the replies :)!

If you're into ethnic vibes you might want to check out rastsound.com as well. I have some of their vocal libraries and instruments and find them hugely inspiring.

If you're into ethnic vibes you might want to check out rastsound.com as well. I have some of their vocal libraries and instruments and find them hugely inspiring.

Will take a look! Appreciate it :)

Check out Embertone for great flutes and a couple of beautiful violins.

You might also like Organic Samples' Eternal Vocals, a gorgeous legato/melismatic singing library. Takes a little finessing, but it really can nail a certain Eastern European/Middle Eastern style like nothing else I'm aware of.

EDIT: And on the same website as Organic Samples, Orchestral Tools' "Creative Soundpacks" are probably also worth a listen.

Check out Embertone for great flutes and a couple of beautiful violins.

You might also like Organic Samples' Eternal Vocals, a gorgeous legato/melismatic singing library. Takes a little finessing, but it really can nail a certain Eastern European/Middle Eastern style like nothing else I'm aware of.

EDIT: And on the same website as Organic Samples, Orchestral Tools' "Creative Soundpacks" are probably also worth a listen.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I forgot to mention I actually have Embertone's Jubal flute - amazing flute for only 12$!

I haven't checked their other stuff or your other suggestions yet so appreciate that!

My recommendations are:

8dio Santur
8dio Qanun
8dio Lyre

Doctor, in your experience, is the Bazantar also playable and expressive, apart from being gorgeus sounding? I am done with my budget long ago but he is smiling at me with his 93 strings and low price.... Thanks!

Doctor, in your experience, is the Bazantar also playable and expressive, apart from being gorgeus sounding? I am done with my budget long ago but he is smiling at me with his 93 strings and low price.... Thanks!
I have only just purchased it myself! So no real use and application experience yet. Sorry! Anyone else? What about you @nowimhere ?

Top Bottom