What's new

ProjectSAM Lineage Percussion for Kontakt and Kontakt Player

Wytse @ ProjectSAM

ProjectSAM - Customer Support
LP_Banner.png

Hi all,

Today marks the release of our new instrument for Kontakt and Kontakt Player, Lineage Percussion. For those who know our True Strike percussion library (first released in 2003 for Gigastudio and HALion[!]), Lineage Percussion is a modern spiritual successor, but a new piece of software in its own right.

Key Features
  • 70 percussion instruments covering a vast range of styles
  • Vastly detailed recordings – all new for Lineage Percussion
  • Adaptive Sync keeps crescendos and swells in time, even through tempo changes
  • XY Stage mode lets you move instruments left/right and back/forward
  • Premixed microphone option or Close/Stage/Far/Premixed faders
  • Use custom kits made from multiple elements, or build your own

Customize articulation switching settings, round robin and mapping options

Lineage Percussion is available now for the introductory price of €349/$379, later rising to €399/$439. A ‘Core’ version is also available, with fewer instruments and premixed microphones only, for the introductory price of €129/$139, later rising to €149/$159.

You can find out more at projectsam.com

Congrats on the release. Is there any info on the number of RRs or dynamic layers?
According to the site, Pro has up to 10 round robins per dynamic layer, and Core has up to 4. No quantitative info on the number of layers that I can see; just from "super soft" to "incredibly loud."

i'm waiting for someone to do a review on this to hear out the sound of each patch...so far it's sounding great from the demos as well as walkthrough. i presume no special loyalty discount for existing True Strike owners

i'm waiting for someone to do a review on this to hear out the sound of each patch...so far it's sounding great from the demos as well as walkthrough. i presume no special loyalty discount for existing True Strike owners
Looks like there isn't going to be any loyalty discount for true strike owners which is a shame.

Is adaptive sync available for timpani crescendo and rolls? I can't quite figure that out from the walkthrough video (it looks like it isn't, but I might be wrong)

Is adaptive sync available for timpani crescendo and rolls? I can't quite figure that out from the walkthrough video (it looks like it isn't, but I might be wrong)
Yes, he's demonstrating it on Timpani in the walkthrough at pretty exactly 10 minutes in

This whole thing looks terribly tempting!

Surely it is - if i remember correctly that was also visible in the walkthrough video at one point.

Yes, he's demonstrating it on Timpani in the walkthrough at pretty exactly 10 minutes in

This whole thing looks terribly tempting!
Ah, duh, yes... Don't know how I missed that. That makes it really tempting indeed. Even the core version would be enough for me since we can position the instruments on the stage.

Of note for anybody who hates reading developer copy: Lineage Core is a single premixed mic, but it's not listed in tech specs. I was almost going to say "why is Lineage proper so much bigger than Core? Did somebody at ProjectSAM decide to deep-sample the cowbells???" until I read OP in this thread. :P

Knowing what I now know re: number of mics / RRs (and certainly from sound quality), I say the price of Lineage proper is justified. — Still, the difference in number of mics should be added to the tech specs table, and the number of velocity layers and RRs should be available on an individual basis on the instruments table. Raise the bar, mijn vrienden. ;)

LP_Banner.png

Hi all,

Today marks the release of our new instrument for Kontakt and Kontakt Player, Lineage Percussion. For those who know our True Strike percussion library (first released in 2003 for Gigastudio and HALion[!]), Lineage Percussion is a modern spiritual successor, but a new piece of software in its own right.

Key Features
  • 70 percussion instruments covering a vast range of styles
  • Vastly detailed recordings – all new for Lineage Percussion
  • Adaptive Sync keeps crescendos and swells in time, even through tempo changes
  • XY Stage mode lets you move instruments left/right and back/forward
  • Premixed microphone option or Close/Stage/Far/Premixed faders
  • Use custom kits made from multiple elements, or build your own

Customize articulation switching settings, round robin and mapping options

Lineage Percussion is available now for the introductory price of €349/$379, later rising to €399/$439. A ‘Core’ version is also available, with fewer instruments and premixed microphones only, for the introductory price of €129/$139, later rising to €149/$159.

You can find out more at projectsam.com

Congratulations on the release. I think it sounds fantastic! Benny's exposed demo too. Really sounds like a huge improvement compared to TS1 that I'm still using

Would be good to know how many different mallets options are available throughout the library as well. Some more detailed information on dynamics and RR for both pro and core would be useful.
Also this: it would be nice if mallets used were shown in the instrument table too.

Of note for anybody who hates reading developer copy: Lineage Core is a single premixed mic, but it's not listed in tech specs. I was almost going to say "why is Lineage proper so much bigger than Core? Did somebody at ProjectSAM decide to deep-sample the cowbells???" until I read OP in this thread. :P

Knowing what I now know re: number of mics / RRs (and certainly from sound quality), I say the price of Lineage proper is justified. — Still, the difference in number of mics should be added to the tech specs table, and the number of velocity layers and RRs should be available on an individual basis on the instruments table. Raise the bar, mijn vrienden. ;)
Yes, I would also be interested in the number of velocity layers especially, as the lack thereof is one of my pain points with Berlin Percussion (minus the Timpani which is splendid).

Very tempting, I love how crisp and clear everything is. I've been using LA Drama Drums pretty much since it came out and it's great but the cymbals lack a certain splashiness I've wanted. The kit builder here would be a great as I could have all my cymbals mapped out in one instance with still a midi track for each individually (I like seeing what is doing what and where otherwise I'll get lost in my own writing :emoji_cold_sweat:)

Alas, I have to pay for a surgery after almost cutting the tip of my finger off with a vegetable peeler so I will likely miss the intro price (be careful out there folks, them's sharp!)

Top Bottom