What's new

Project colossal - css template - EXPANSION OUT

what are the differences in cubase projects 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2?
Hi Alain! 1.0 Had some small tweaks done so 1,1 is an small update to that version. Using the old CSW 1.0. After the Cinematic Studio Woodwinds update came out you needed to download the library over. Kontakt even sees it as a "new" Library. So i had to manually remake the woodwind section. That is 1.2.

Cheers!

Running into stuttering issues with a fairly large project. Not totally unexpected. I have all the sample libraries on the same NVME SSD. Would it help to spread them across drives? I have other SSDs but this is the only NVME. I have 64GB Ram, before I splash on more ram, should I rearrange the drives?

Is Precedence abandonware at this point? The product page talks about a future macOS Catalina update. That's a long time ago!

Running into stuttering issues with a fairly large project. Not totally unexpected. I have all the sample libraries on the same NVME SSD. Would it help to spread them across drives? I have other SSDs but this is the only NVME. I have 64GB Ram, before I splash on more ram, should I rearrange the drives?
Absolutely. Also maybe while composing disable heavy cpu plugins. So you can work in lower buffer. When mixing increase buffer so you can enable all plugins. Thats how i do it.

Is Precedence abandonware at this point? The product page talks about a future macOS Catalina update. That's a long time ago!
Certainly hope not! Its a great plugin!

For the precedence the demo whivch is dowloadable don't work with more than 8 output so i have to buy the compete version. soon.
For the stems reverbs it would be nice to have presets or sceenshots for cinematics room pro since presets of standard version aren't pro compatibles and i don't want to install the standard one (for the room and tail reverb i can copy what i can see on screens of the video joined in colossal project files). if someone can post it...

For the precedence the demo whivch is dowloadable don't work with more than 8 output so i have to buy the compete version. soon.
For the stems reverbs it would be nice to have presets or sceenshots for cinematics room pro since presets of standard version aren't pro compatibles and i don't want to install the standard one (for the room and tail reverb i can copy what i can see on screens of the video joined in colossal project files). if someone can post it...
Hi Alain!

I've uploaded them to your access link. You'll find them in the Plugin presets/cinematic rooms folder!
Thanks for your patience! :)

Best,

Rico

I just wanted to come here and say that Project Colossal has been one of the best purchases so far of my entire career. I'm not a pure orchestral composer (I mainly do hybrid trailer-y things) but i've spent so much time, energy, money and effort studying orchestral mixing and programming (as well as writing), bought so many online courses, so many string libraries....Not because i'm trying to create William's-esque scores and compositions but because when I DO incorporate orchestra into my trailer music, I want it to be professional quality.

Mixing strings has always been a struggle, especially in a busy, dynamic mix. I can honestly say i learned more from the PC mixing template than I have with any other course. I bought it mostly bc I owned CSS already and I loved the demos, but being able to study the volume and eq choices has been incredible. I tweaked the template to suit my needs and now I know when I write, I have a balanced, consistent and clear string sound to work with. I can layer other libraries if I need, I can tweak EQ or add plugins to get the CSS balance to sit in my mix, but the joy of being able to start writing with a baseline amazing string sound was worth. every. penny.

Thank you so much Rico!!!!

I just wanted to come here and say that Project Colossal has been one of the best purchases so far of my entire career. I'm not a pure orchestral composer (I mainly do hybrid trailer-y things) but i've spent so much time, energy, money and effort studying orchestral mixing and programming (as well as writing), bought so many online courses, so many string libraries....Not because i'm trying to create William's-esque scores and compositions but because when I DO incorporate orchestra into my trailer music, I want it to be professional quality.

Mixing strings has always been a struggle, especially in a busy, dynamic mix. I can honestly say i learned more from the PC mixing template than I have with any other course. I bought it mostly bc I owned CSS already and I loved the demos, but being able to study the volume and eq choices has been incredible. I tweaked the template to suit my needs and now I know when I write, I have a balanced, consistent and clear string sound to work with. I can layer other libraries if I need, I can tweak EQ or add plugins to get the CSS balance to sit in my mix, but the joy of being able to start writing with a baseline amazing string sound was worth. every. penny.

giphy.gif

Has anyone run into trouble getting Waves plugins to work in VEPro 7? I have Waves V13 and VEPro7 will not load wavesshell so I can get plugins to load. I've seen some workarounds online to use shell2vst and VSTWrapper to wrap the individual plugins so that VEPro can see them but they haven't worked either.

I noticed in Rico's VEPro 7 template that the Waves plugins are loaded so i'm curious how you got this to work???

Finally had a chance to incorporate PC into my workflow, and incorporate its routing into a brand new template for myself - and damn is it ever great. I tried to do a bunch of matching with BBCSO, and NSS as well to have layering options, and it is running so smoothly together and sounds great!

Duncan's LPX version also had a bunch of pre-routed stuff that I adapted which has made mixing, and organization even more of a breeze.

It took some time but this has been such a great purchase.

That’s. Dope!
Do you use any other string libraries in your template??? Was curious if this could be used as a “guide” to balance other string libraries as well if that
Makes sense :)

Thanks.

That’s. Dope!
Do you use any other string libraries in your template??? Was curious if this could be used as a “guide” to balance other string libraries as well if that
Makes sense :)

Thanks.
Yes it’s makes sense. It’s a great tool for mixing other libraries as well. My best purchase in this last decade.

Colossal has fulfilled my dreams of stacking 5 string libraries together

Attachments

• Colossal Stacked Strings Test.mp3
    530.9 KB
Top Bottom