What's new

Pro C 2 external side chain not working with synths

Daniel Petras

It seems that using sidechain compression externally on an Omnisphere 2 instance track (with a compressor instantiated after it) doesn't work like it does with other instruments. Has anyone experienced this? It doesn't work both ways, as a control signal or as the signal being controlled. I have the external sidechain opened on Pro C 2 and am sending to the aux input of the compressor, but it just acts like normal compression.

Not only does this happen with Omni 2, but it happens with almost every synth I own except for Massive. I tried other compressors and side chaining is no problem, but when it comes to doing external side chaining in Pro C 2 on synths, for some reason both the side chain and the aux signal both effect the compressor. Has anyone else found this problem?

Dunno if you use can USA Toll Free telephone #'s in Canada.
If so, an easy way is Ilio Spectrasonics in Los Angeles. They always been an great resource for me with Spectrasonics, IvoryII, VSL, technical questions.
Usually answer after 9:00 am PST.
Best alternative is PluginGuru.com (John Lehmkuhl) in Oregon. I'm curious enough to e-mail him to find out. He has done Massive libraries some time ago, as well as huge number of Omni2, and should be able to help.

Last edited:
I just found the fix. I disabled the MIDI in Pro C 2 and it worked. It's so bizarre though because as I mentioned previously, there were no problems when I used Massive.

Top Bottom