What's new

Preamp Plugins

you mean for saturation?

Fuse Audio has several good ones.

Another I really like is the Coil CA-70S from Mixwave

Black Rooster also has a couple of nice preamp plugins

you mean for saturation?

Not neccessarily saturation, More like Coloring.
Fuse Audio has several good ones.

Another I really like is the Coil CA-70S from Mixwave

Black Rooster also has a couple of nice preamp plugins

Ill check these out.

Acustica offers dozens. Each of their channel strip plugins contain multiple preamp choices, and I believe they also have a dedicated preamp plugin.

Do you have any specific names you would reccommend?
It really depends on the type of coloration you're looking for. All of Acustica's stuff is sampled from actual analog hardware units. Probably your best bet might be to go with their Black plugin. This is their dedicated plugin that compiles just preamps from all their channel strips:

Because Acustica names everything using colors, here's a website that decodes the names and identifies the actual hardware:

If you search for "Black" on that page, you'll find the list of all preamps supported by the Black plugin.

$99. each for A, B, C, or D. There is a free version of Black to use.

Arturia - do 3 nice preamps
PSP audioware have a new binamp preamp, plus there are some in their infinistrip.

I'll recommend one most won't have thought of: Echoleffe. It's a tape delay, tape amp, and tape saturation plugin. Not worth list price, but worth it on the half off sales they have from time to time.

Pulsar Modular are also, to me, not worth anywhere near the asking price.

I'll recommend one most won't have thought of: Echoleffe. It's a tape delay, tape amp, and tape saturation plugin. Not worth list price, but worth it on the half off sales they have from time to time.

yeh .... Echoleffe today @ $160. still a bit spendy ..... BUT Korneff have Puff Puff mix Pass on sale now @ $25. _ some others as well ✌🏻

Last edited:

I felt that way about PM for quite a while, or at least was highly skeptical. The P455 was, in my opinion, worth the sale price. I find myself using it routinely. Go figure. Still not a fan of the OTT hype.

Top Bottom