What's new

Plogue Bidule, GVI, and Scope.

chimuelo

Star Of Stage & Screen
I have used GSIF drivers ( 1.0 ) w/ Scope for 2 years now, giving up my hardware rig, this made good sense. But that was with 2.54, which worked flawlessley with the proper building.

GS3 Orchestra works great also, but loads less due to the sizes of quality libraries. Then came GVI. In standalone all of my ASIO drivers crashed, and I was forced to seek a good VST shell. Cubase 4 worked well, but I didn't like the feeling of using that for a mere shell live, as it would eventually crash like all big sequencer apps are prone to do. So I took the advice of a few forum dwellers, and had my DAW man set me up with a Q6600 in my GVI DAW, giving the E6700 to the GS3 DAW. Since both DAW's use the 15 DSP cards ( 3 ) in each 4U, this was never a worry, as Scope is as stable as the sun rises in the east. But Bidule was a snap to set up, and I can load some large amounts of content using several instances of GVI. It is a real treat to have GigaViolin, American Zither, Origins, Muse, Symphonic Strings, First Call Horns, and all of the Scarbee Electro-mechanical samples loaded at once. This makes my live show so nice to not have to load during a perfromance. And to watch guys staring at their LCD's during a gig is so Bush league. GVI has 100% stability w/ Bidule and Scope live. June 13th was the registered date to buy the product, I bought it 2 weeks ago, why wait? If they would have gone out of business, my ass would have been grass.

Imagine large multiple 24 bit libraries waiting for you for once, instead of waiting for them. Then add John Bowens mighty synthesizers and Scope's incredible mixers and effects. It's a dream in the studio, but live, it has no equal through the twin Barbettas, and stereo sub, w/ the Pro 3t using Scope B2003 and custom MIDI devices as controllers. www.spacef-devices.com The CC5 vthat was made for me takes 4 or 5 drawbars off of the B2003, and puts them on a single slider of the MAudio KS88's.

Now Those Are Some DAWg's That Hunt.

CHIMUELO, ESTRELLA DE ENSENARIO DI PANTAYA

You have GVI running in Bidule, and an ASIO driver running in Scope for it to show up? Which ASIO driver are you supposed to use? I'm hoping I'll have the scratch to build up my Scope rig soon. I only have a Scope Project card, 5 or 6 DSPs? Which is enough for Solaris to play 2 to 4 voices. So I have to budget for at least one 15 DSP card to run Solaris as a pad synth, which is where it looks interesting to me.

Welcome to the forum, I'm glad you're posting over here.

You'll notice that Creamware has a ridiculous amount of drivers on hand including the rock solid GSIF drivers. I cannot crash Bidule unless I really push hard. I love it. Plus Scope/ Giga has never crashed once in the last 2 years onstage. Only at home when I push it to the limits with big poly counts.

I use the 24bit ASIO 2 drivers. But others including the 16bit ones would work also, especially if you want to go 16 bit w/ Giga. Since I notice a diiference in fidelity @ 16 bit w/ Giga, I don't mind using Raptor X HDD's w/ 24bit, having a hot spare in the same RAID cage for a quick switch. I only use RAID 1 to make accurate mirrored copies, then abort it and keep the hot swap handy.

But in 2 years, I have never had a Raptor failure, or a Scope / Giga failure. And since the recent CPU upgrades, the only thing long in the tooth are the Raptors.

PM me at the Z, or talk to GaryB once you get going with all 3 apps. Bidule, GVI, and Scope are perfect partners. I'm sure there are others, but Bidule reminds of Scope's Modular the way it connects, and wastes no resources on bull shit visuals, so it's great to have. I heard that Forte was good also, but I have the ultimate MIDI custom devices made for me in Scope, so all of their bells and whistles are also uneeded with this combo.

Scope is the ultimate stage synth rig, and everything you want can be made from the SDK application. What's in your heart and head, is what you get. There is nothing I am aware of that works this perfectly, especially for live gigging.

Orevua Cabrone,

CHIMUELO, La Pendajo

I see:

ASIO 24 Bit Dest
ASIO Dest
ASIO1-16 Dest 64
ASIO1-32 Dest 64
ASIO1-Flt Dest 64
ASIO2 24 Bit Source (but not dest)
ASIO2 Dest
ASIO2 Dest-64

"ASIO 24 Bit Dest" and "ASIO2 Dest" don't show up as audio devices in Bidule.

If you can, get the Plus version Type II. This will allow you to hook up exotic reverbs as in the PCM91, or TC stuff.

This allows me to use GigaPulse as it was intended. An excellent placement device which uses resonant body impulses, or early reflections on acoustic samples, then inside the Scope enviroment you can add the overall ambience you desire, and the 91 is one dog that will hunt. On the quad core CPU's, and even the E6600 through 6800, GigaPulse loads big time instances, and certain folks could just use that, but I have enjoyed Lexicons since the Prime Time, PCM41, and the PCM70. It's really not even the most realistic sounding reverb out there, but certainly the most luscious IMO.

A Bird Can't Tell You Much About Aerodynamics,

CHIMUELO

I have visited the scope/soniccore/creamware websites and did not understand a word. What they really lack is a symbolic drawing on their frontpage what their products are for in the first place. And much more information for the mutual customer what their products do at all.

I can only guess that they make ... umm ... soundcards, yes? Why don't they ever use that word?

And they put additional horsepower onto them in little chips called DSPs with effects like equalizers in it that can be automated from with in a sequencing program like cubase etc., yes?

So how does the signal route go - out of the sequencing program into their DSPs, back into the sequencer, all busses mixed and then back to the soundcard part of their thing, yes?

I am really shocked that a company like this obviously makes world class equipment but has such a poor marketing. My guess is that they write their product descriptions for impressing their competition, not their customers. It seems not to be a coincidence that they had to rebrand lately. Will write them an email about that.

Hannes

chimuelo,

thank you very much. I just realized I had been on the site of the new owner

https://www.soniccore.com/aboutScope.htm

The old pages are here and more complete:

https://www.creamware.de/index.php?lang=en&seite=scopesynthsampler&submenu= (https://www.creamware.de/index.php?lang= ... r&submenu=)

Will look into www.planetz.com, thank you very much for the hint.

Hannes

We would be glad to have you. Most of the members are European, but it is a world wide forum.

If you ever buy their phenominal product, you'll find GSIF drivers are extremely stable. I have used that combination live for years w/o incident. Although I wish for new drivers when Gigastudio 4 is released. I think that would make my investment even more valuable.

To Us, And Those Like Us,

CHIMUELO

Top Bottom