What's new

Performance Samples discussion thread

It might be time to dig out that email with the Pacific Solo Strings voucher in if you are lucky enough to have one. Mine is called:

'Your loyalty (intro) code for Pacific - Ensemble Strings'

Could be any day now... 😂

It might be time to dig out that email with the Pacific Solo Strings voucher in if you are lucky enough to have one. Mine is called:

'Your loyalty (intro) code for Pacific - Ensemble Strings'

Could be any day now... 😂
"After doing the live screencast I suddenly had this idea of how I could vastly improve the same note repetition so I'm going to put these back in Alpha and work on them some more. Releasing sometime in 2025..."

Haha, something like that.

I have ended up hovering over the "Buy Vista" button yet again. It happens to me like 4 times a year. I've resisted for a couple of years because I already have CSS, Hollywood Strings and Pacific (and Sample Modeling Strings).

Someone please convince me not to buy it. I fear I'll not last this time.

That Ivan Torrent demo "Make a Wish" is really lovely.

I have ended up hovering over the "Buy Vista" button yet again. It happens to me like 4 times a year. I've resisted for a couple of years because I already have CSS, Hollywood Strings and Pacific (and Sample Modeling Strings).

Here are a few things to consider:

A) Jasper might delete Vista from the store. He's done it before...

B) What if there's a nuclear war and all developers die? You sure won't be able to buy Vista after that right?

C) What if you have an accident and lose your hearing? You can still buy Vista, but you won't be able to hear those gorgeous strings.

D) You only live once... :emoji_grinning:

I’d say if you earn a living via sample libraries go for it - otherwise you already got so many options and, well, Vista II (aka there are always more libraries coming out) 😅. I’ve get PS, CSS, CS2, NSS, and Vivid Strings. Too many options haha

There is a demo on youtube comparing CSS legato with vista strings. They sound pretty similar.

I’d say if you earn a living via sample libraries go for it - otherwise you already got so many options and, well, Vista II (aka there are always more libraries coming out) 😅. I’ve get PS, CSS, CS2, NSS, and Vivid Strings. Too many options haha
There is a demo on youtube comparing CSS legato with vista strings. They sound pretty similar.
I am now even more unsure what to do, haha.

Though if I can resist eating out a few times then I suppose I can just go ahead and buy them.

OK, you've convinced me. I'm going to buy them if I don't eat out for one more month!

dont do it. but who am i to tell you. ;)

I CAVED. I'm a weak human! I bought Vista and Caspian.
I played around with them briefly just now and the demos don't convey the juicy buttery goodness of actually playing them.
They definitely feel like your driving in a Ferrari the smooth goody juicy feeling they have is premium quality.

I have never regretted a single Performance Samples purchase!

NEH. VAH.

I must not be a purist I guess...

I do get them on sale on on early bird discount tho!

I have never regretted a single Performance Samples purchase!

NEH. VAH.

I must not be a purist I guess...

I do get them on sale on on early bird discount tho!
I've sort of regretted both Vista and Pacific. I never clicked at all with Vista, and I find Pacific maddening (though it has many elements that I like). I am convinced, however, that Performance Samples strings are just not set up for me. (I really like the Oceanias though.)

Top Bottom