What's new

Pacific strings - display values for mic panning sliders??

alligatorlizard

Finally got round to installing Pacific, and (breaking news here) it's great!

Only thing that really bugs me is there are no numerical values displayed when adjusting the close & far mic panning sliders. Does anyone know of any way to get Kontakt to display this somewhere?

Obviously you're ultimately going to be using your ears, but it's always helpful to have numerical values for reference points when honing in on the sweet spot for any setting - so you can return easily to a previously chosen position after trying others options etc. And vitally, as you need to set this separately for each articulation, make sure you've got the same exact panning position for all the articulations loaded for each section.

Side question: from what I've read it seems generally agreed that you need to pan the close mics, but can leave the far mics as they are. However as far as I can tell, the far mics are also completely centred for each section - I'm not hearing (or seeing on the meters in cubase) e.g. any bias to the right channel with the cellos, etc. Does anyone pan the far mics too?

Hi folks, I asked Jasper about this. He told me he will have numerical pan values in his new gui coming up for all upcoming libraries including the pacific strings ensemble 1.1 update.
Good news, thanks for the info!

btw, any idea what other changes he's planning for the strings 1.1 update?

Top Bottom