What's new

Out Now! World Strings Oud - an artistic collaboration between Evolution Series and Associate Professor Kim Cunio $99 End of Year Sale!

I was just thinking what have Evolution Series been up to and i couldn't be happier when i found this post (especially since i am Egyptian) so i'm looking forward to this with high expectations

Sorry, but I grow weary and tired of this type of advertising. I don't mind a teaser, where we get an idea of what it is, but this "something is coming" with no hint whatsoever is annoying. Why bother? Why not just wait until it is ready to be released? If not, at least let on to what it is in a general sense.

That said, I wish you - and all developers - the best of luck with your project.

But then again, there's nothing easier to ignore than a forum post. Especially ones with no real information.

I don't see how these teasers are doing any harm. It's a neat way for a developer to spark a little bit of anticipation and I imagine a lot of people actually find it fun to look forward to a proper announcement and see what it might be.

I was just thinking what have Evolution Series been up to and i couldn't be happier when i found this post (especially since i am Egyptian) so i'm looking forward to this with high expectations
Thanks Zee hope you like our next entry :) As a general note I'm a huge fan of the sounds from the Middle East. The instruments have such a unique character. So inspiring! We are spoilt for choice of things to sample and record! :)

Reactions: Zee
But then again, there's nothing easier to ignore than a forum post. Especially ones with no real information.

I don't see how these teasers are doing any harm. It's a neat way for a developer to spark a little bit of anticipation and I imagine a lot of people actually find it fun to look forward to a proper announcement and see what it might be.
Thanks Jimmy I appreciate the support. End of the day this pre-teaser thing is a small way for us developer types to celebrate a new release... a nice way to add a bit of fun after all the months (and more) of slaving in the studio lol

Also sorry to disappoint anyone expecting an epic camel library! ;) I'll add it to the wish list lol

It sounds phenomenal you've really gave the low dynamics the attention they deserve and those legato and Hammer on/pull offs are great, i was hoping for a Rababa but this is also great, i hope you do consider sampling more middle eastern instruments

It sounds phenomenal you've really gave the low dynamics the attention they deserve and those legato and Hammer on/pull offs are great, i was hoping for a Rababa but this is also great, i hope you do consider sampling more middle eastern instruments
Hey Zee many thanks for the kind words. It was an epic journey to sample correctly. The reality is sampling a solo instrument correctly can be harder than doing a full ensemble as transitions (Legato and Portamento) can stick out like a sore thumb... very hard to hide things :)

I definitely love sampling Middle Eastern instruments... so fingers crossed for the future :)

Reactions: Zee
Any special discount for someone who already owns all your other products?

We definitely look after our customers :) We sent out a special voucher gift to our users. Check your junk mail otherwise if you don’t have it please send me an email to:

info(at)evolutionseries.com

And I’ll help you out. I’m just away from my computer so I’ll need a couple of hours before I can do anything.

Many Thanks!

Sounds amazing Anthony, very detailed and natural and the body resonance has been captured very well. May I ask is it a Turkish or Arabian Oud?

Sounds amazing Anthony, very detailed and natural and the body resonance has been captured very well. May I ask is it a Turkish or Arabian Oud?
Many thanks mate! It is a lovely Turkish instrument... such a pleasure to record :)

Top Bottom