What's new

OUT NOW: Originals Cinematic Frozen Strings🎉

Spitfire Team

Eight of London’s finest string players performing a selection of fragile, experimental techniques at the quietest of levels –intimately captured at the world famous Lyndhurst Hall, AIR Studios.

These brand new recordings are inspired by the distinctly icy tones and unconventional playing techniques of Spitfire Audio’s bestselling Albion Tundra.

3 signals — Close, Tree, and the aptly named Super Close, recorded using clip-on mics attached to the bridge of each instrument, providing an extremely detailed and precise sound.

Watch the Walkthrough:

Buy now at the link in bio for just £29/$29/€29 👉🏼 https://bit.ly/3HD3CRK

Hi @Spitfire Team

Thanks for the Wonderful sounding string textures this library offers. I also love the sound of the super close DPA mounted mics on the instruments, would be nice to see this feature in more of your upcoming libraries. It should be a very useful library, and it's also conveniently accesses via this one library. I also have Albion Tundra, so CFStrings will very nicely complement it.

Purchased.

Thanks,
Muziksculp

No Brainer of a purchase. One of my favourite libraries is Albion Tundra and I've used their frozen strings patch on a number of productions. Guess I'll return to these to add this one.

So cold and so warm at the same time...how do you guys do it Spitfire? ;)

Love the articulations, the number of players, the sound, the detail, everything !

Fantastic! Wonderful sound and articulations. It's perfect for a piece I'm writing right now, really glad it came out today.

Sounds fantastic and is a steal for 29 bucks! Will be a great addition to Neo and Chamber Strings :) Glad to see "Super Sul Tasto" since this is a patch I really enjoy in the Albion Tundra walkthrough-video.
Yeah, one day I will grab Tundra... but this is great to use in the meantime.

Sounds fantastic and is a steal for 29 bucks! Will be a great addition to Neo and Chamber Strings :) Glad to see "Super Sul Tasto" since this is a patch I really enjoy in the Albion Tundra walkthrough-video.
Yeah, one day I will grab Tundra... but this is great to use in the meantime.
I have Neo but noticed almost all articualtions are in NEO aswell and also super small ensemble. Don't see how I would benifit from this. But Tundra I understand since it is a super big ensemble. But this seems like a NEO string Light package. A no brainer of course if one does not own NEO. This sounds amazing! But, so does NEO :)

Could the wonderful sound be contributed to the omission of the Violas ? :laugh:
Aaaack! I miss the violas in Tundra! Part of the challenge of composing with it is that the low and hi are so different, so (gloriously) intense each in their own right, and there there's a gap in between that you have to find ways to leap across. There are ways to do this, and it's even sometimes a generative compositional problem to work through. But I've also had more than a few "My kingdom for some violas!" moment with it.

These sounds absolutely gorgeous, well done guys!!! but damn I wish we could go under the hood and enable the pitch bend wheel, just like I did on the Frozen Strings labs back in the days (and in Tundra as well). it adds another dimension to the library and it's quite lovely. Maybe there's a way to do it in the Spitfire engine, but never found it. Such as shame. I get that the recording might not be served well with it, so maybe that's why they never enable it, but at least making it as an option in the engine (instead of going in under the hood) would be good. If anything, we could use this as sound design. Maybe I'm alone wishing for this, but I know it served me so well on the Frozen Strings and I know I was really looking forward for the same with this one. @Spitfire Team if you're reading, maybe for a future update? :) ;);) Anyway, thanks again for this superb release! :)

Top Bottom