What's new

Organic Voices: Ethnic Inspiration

Hi there,

A 8.7 GB download is too big. You should split it in four 2 GB files instead. It took me four hours to download the whole thing, and it crashed three times. As a result, I got corrupt files, and my Kontakt tells me that I have two files missing:
- OutriggersLeg_65_longer_24.wav
- OutriggersLeg_65_longer_25.wav

So I have to wait another four hours to see if it works this time.

But what works sounds VERY nice.

just get a download manager. alot of companys dont split up big files, and download managers help. you can even pause the download and continue whenever you wish.

Chrome has a built in download manager with the basics. If you head into the Downloads section (CTRL+J). Should be options to pause, resume and retry. Not 100% sure that the retry here will resume where it broke or start the download from scratch.

If that does not work, there are tons of browser download manager extensions/plug-ins for the most popular browsers which will take over the regular download in the browser. I have not tried any tho, so i can't recommend any.

Chrome has a built in download manager with the basics. If you head into the Downloads section (CTRL+J). Should be options to pause, resume and retry. Not 100% sure that the retry here will resume where it broke or start the download from scratch.

If that does not work, there are tons of browser download manager extensions/plug-ins for the most popular browsers which will take over the regular download in the browser. I have not tried any tho, so i can't recommend any.
It's the Chrome automatic downloader that I'm using, with the pause and cancel options. It's just that at some point, I get a "network failure" message. I can make it work again by hitting Resume, but when unzipping, I get corruption messages.

On the download page you will also find our tips on how to download the library (https://www.organic-samples.com/download-tips). We recommend using Firefox and its free "Downthemall" download manager as it works fine, even when you shut down your computer in the middle of a download.

@Robo Rivard I sent you a message and I hope that your problem is solved by now.

By the way I am currently trying to split the zip into multiple files as you suggested and will see if it works on our different computers here.

Frank
Yes, I got your message, thanks! Great sounding library! It's ERA Codex quality!

The download went fast, got the links directly after purchase and I'm more than satisfied.
Instantly inspiring instrument.

Thumbs up!

Last edited:
How easy or difficult would it be to add support for Scala tuning files, or something similar? I would like to use Ethnic Inspirations with Middle Eastern instruments that might not be tuned to standard Western scales. I notice that you are already doing some pitch shifting for neighbor borrowing.

Why did you choose 32 bit samples rather than 24 bit? That's 33 per cent more disk space. Can anybody really hear the difference?

Is there any chance there might be a 16 bit or 24 bit alternative in the future? Embertone did that with their larger libraries, at least for a while.

Why did you choose 32 bit samples rather than 24 bit? That's 33 per cent more disk space. Can anybody really hear the difference?

Is there any chance there might be a 16 bit or 24 bit alternative in the future? Embertone did that with their larger libraries, at least for a while.

Hi there, yes a light version with 24 and maybe also 16 bit will be added soon.
The 32 bit value comes from the denoising tools, and yes, with 24 bit you clearly won't hear any difference at all.

This project has taken quite a lot of time, no one here has complained about any kind of legato bug or some kind of inconsistency. It's rather the opposite. So we did not want to lose any more time and skipped that one step. Sorry for that.

Concerning the tuning, everything is at 440hz but you can adapt the samples by changing the default "Tune" value (by displaying the "Master" in Kontakt). You can also press "shift" and fine-tune the "Tune" knob of the patch with your mouse. It shouldn't be that difficult to incorporate Ethnic Inspiration into a middle eastern sounding cue, this library has been designed for fitting in lots of different genres.

Dirk Ehlert has for example showed how the library might be a superb addition to a bold and epic soundtrack.

Edit:
Just exported the 24 bit version, would you really be interested in a 16 bit version @rrichard63 ?
Tomorrow everything should be uploaded and added to the download page.

Last edited:
Thank you for the prompt reply The 24 bit samples will definitely help. I would download and use 16 bit samples if they were available, but don't really need that.

My question about tuning wasn't about changing A = 440hz to another number. It was about changing the intervals between the notes in a scale. This is sometimes called "temperment" and/or "microtuning". After posting yesterday, I learned that Kontakt comes with a factory script called Microtuning. It won't work with many commercial libraries, but it demonstrates what I mean.

Hello @rrichard63 , Frank told me that the 24 bit version is now online and that the 16 bit one will be available by tomorrow. We don't have the best internet connection in our office but at least it's stable!

I had a quick go with the library combined with the "Microtuning" factory script, it worked great. As we sampled each semitone I recommend you deactivate the RR function at first for the most natural result.
By the way, you can't change the tuning by + / - 50 cents with the factory script, but you probably already know.

All samples (sustains / legatos and the different types of releases) are mapped to their respective note, that's why our engine doesn't have any problems with this factory script.

Hello @rrichard63 , Frank told me that the 24 bit version is now online and that the 16 bit one will be available by tomorrow. We don't have the best internet connection in our office but at least it's stable!

I had a quick go with the library combined with the "Microtuning" factory script, it worked great. As we sampled each semitone I recommend you deactivate the RR function at first for the most natural result.
By the way, you can't change the tuning by + / - 50 cents with the factory script, but you probably already know.

All samples (sustains / legatos and the different types of releases) are mapped to their respective note, that's why our engine doesn't have any problems with this factory script.

Thank you. This is very helpful information and much appreciated.

Hi there, just to clarify: now everyone who has bought Ethnic Inspiration may download either the 24 or 16 bit version by following the links you got in the confirmation email. We think that many here might prefer a lighter 16 bit version for their SSDs.

I will set up the same option for our other libraries during this week-end, thanks again rrichard63 for your input.

Frank

Could you maybe add a patch with some keyswitches to chose between the different starting intervals?
I do like this concept very much but am less familiar with controllers than with keyswitches... Thanks again for this brilliant instrument!

@musicisum Hello, yes we got this same request a few days ago and these patches will be available during this week.

@Fry777 I posted the link in the first post of this thread, but here again the link to his composing session where he built a track around Ethnic Inspiration. He plays the entire finished track at 2:05:35

Last edited:
Top Bottom