What's new

NEW Creative Soundpack: Whisper—gentle wind instruments. Special intro offer!

I bought Babel and I generally like it as a texture library. However Sine is freezing and crashing Cubase quite often. I've only been playing around so it's not a big deal, but if I lost a lot of work from a crash I'd be pretty peaved and I don't see myself using it as a result. I'm really glad I didn't buy all three libraries, which I was considering. Hopefully OT will fix these issues.

I have to say I find myself agreeing with other people who have moaned about developers moving away from Kontakt. I have so many different players to remember now, all seemingly randomly sprinkled throughout my plugin categories. I like getting into Kontakt and just scrolling through the libraries, sometimes remembering something that might work in my track.

I was planning to get Time Micro and Macro on Sine (hopefully on a intro sale) but I think I'll hold on that and see what happens with Sine. Infact it might be a good idea to get them in Kontakt while they're still available in that format!

Yeah, I bought Amber and Sine it's crashing my Cubase quite often too. If I open the GUI when the song it's on play, its an instant crash. I'm used to doing that with all my instruments and it never crashes. One thing I realized it's I was on Sine 1.0.3.497 and now I updated it to 10.3.509. Didn't try if it still crashes it a lot. The bad thing about Sine it's that I can only see that it's version 1.0.3 but doesn't show the rest of the number...

On a Macbook Pro, using 10.14.6

PM does not recognize SINE, which is installed under App folder on hard drive. Amber is on an external HD.
Ok, then try reinstalling Sine. Because if it’s not showing in PM then for some reason the AU component didn’t install properly.

Yeah, I bought Amber and Sine it's crashing my Cubase quite often too. If I open the GUI when the song it's on play, its an instant crash. I'm used to doing that with all my instruments and it never crashes. One thing I realized it's I was on Sine 1.0.3.497 and now I updated it to 10.3.509. Didn't try if it still crashes it a lot. The bad thing about Sine it's that I can only see that it's version 1.0.3 but doesn't show the rest of the number...
Sine hasn’t given me trouble since I updated to the latest version of Sine. Amber is giving me fits however with stray noises that don’t appear when I solo tracks but only when I have the four main instruments playing at the same time. It’s very strange.

Is it possible to control the vibrato in Amber?
Well, as you can hear in the demos and walkthrough for Amber, it is more atmospherical and the legato is a bit more reserved, which I find refreshing, especially with the lower tuned tone of the instruments.
But, for most articulations the louder dynamic layer was recorded with more vibrato, so there you can influence the amount of vibrato a bit!
As a side note, to my ears you can get a very emotional string quartet sound. I wouldn't use Amber for a loud classical solo part on top of an entire orchestra. Generally I find it more filmic, full, and soft.

Best :)

This is not a review, but I thought I could bounce the audio files of the project, in which I set up the legatos for the portato and swell articulations. This is more technical than musical, but maybe that is something you'd like to hear.
Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to hear!

Attachments

• Violin 1 portato legato test.mp3
    1.4 MB · Views: 235
  • Violin 2 portato legato test.mp3
    1.5 MB · Views: 157
  • Viola portato and swells legato test.mp3
    1.4 MB · Views: 153
  • Cello portato and swells legato test.mp3
    1.4 MB · Views: 179
This is not a review, but I thought I could bounce the audio files of the project, in which I set up the legatos for the portato and swell articulations. This is more technical than musical, but maybe that is something you'd like to hear.
Yes! Adding legato to swells/portato you get a really expressive sound. Now I'm happy :)

Awesome! Thanks for the audio demo and I’m getting it now!

Really like the sound of this. I've been on the fence on purchasing Amber, but this is swaying me. The only thing I'm unsure of is the process that you did to add legato to those articulations - how is that done?

Curious to know if anyone has had a chance to play with Babel? I can’t find many demos. I would like to know if this library has enough vocal content to create compositions in the style of the videos below. If someone has the library, a detailed walkthrough would be great. Maybe @ChrisSiuMusic might have a creative soundpacks review on the way, hopefully before the intro special ends?

Really like the sound of this. I've been on the fence on purchasing Amber, but this is swaying me. The only thing I'm unsure of is the process that you did to add legato to those articulations - how is that done?
Hey msjdowner,
in SINE, you can apply legato by heading to the box in the bottom right of SINE and clicking on "Leg". In Amber you can apply legato for the normal sustains, portato and the swells.

Curious to know if anyone has had a chance to play with Babel? I can’t find many demos. I would like to know if this library has enough vocal content to create compositions in the style of the videos below. If someone has the library, a detailed walkthrough would be great. Maybe @ChrisSiuMusic might have a creative soundpacks review on the way, hopefully before the intro special ends?
Hello Sips Tea (dope name, btw.! :D),
for these examples you have there I would use one of the short syllables (du, mi, ko, di, su, ta, le, na), one of the marcato syllables (duu, raa, mii, suu, ioeeh, bebeaah, ndelee), or the consonants (b, p, g, k, d, t, s, sch, w, f).
The beauty with the examples you mentioned is, that you only need to pick one short sample out of all those, bounce it (to have more flexibility) and then you can start from there with creating your own sound design/rhythms. This is actually one of the things I was hoping this library would inspire people to do. Arbos has some great content for creating interesting sound design textures and rhythms as well.

Top Bottom