What's new

NEW Creative Soundpack: Whisper—gentle wind instruments. Special intro offer!

I mean not literally the same recording or articulation, but can occupy the same place in a track because what they do is so similar.
As I said, I don't know how to answer this — it would depend so much on the track, your goals, your process, your processing and your personal taste. Someone else might be better able to make those assumptions.

I am glad you posted this. This is my experience as well. Ive been trying to be as helpful as i can but im not a software developer/troubleshooter and neither do I intend to become one. Ive already wasted countless hours troubleshooting things finding workarounds and emailing them etc.

I love the product (JXL brass) and the player, but the overall stability is just not there yet.
Sometimes the most challenging thing with a new, proprietary venture like this is to not take it personal, especially when you spend the money for the newer libraries and then spend personal time sorting out theissues on top of that.

I actually reached out again, and will be sending them crash logs and notes I've kept, though any further investigation on my part will be done in isolation, when I have a few minutes here and there. I can't use this in projects with a high degree of confidence, but trust in time that won't be the case. I guess I've paid forward, twice now, for something that will still be there for me to use eventually.

Does anybody know if Sine is working on Mac OS 10.12? I know that 10.13 and above are supported but maybe there is still a chance??

Does anybody know if Sine is working on Mac OS 10.12? I know that 10.13 and above are supported but maybe there is still a chance??

Given that it crashes quite a bit on 10.13, I would imagine it would be as bad or worse on 10.12 — and without hope of support.

I will be honest and say that issues with Sine are why, after purchasing Babel, I've decided not to purchase Amber — it's taking up too much of my time having to force-quit and re-launch or even reboot.

Given that it crashes quite a bit on 10.13, I would imagine it would be as bad or worse on 10.12 — and without hope of support.

I will be honest and say that issues with Sine are why, after purchasing Babel, I've decided not to purchase Amber — it's taking up too much of my time having to force-quit and re-launch or even reboot.
It's good to know this information. I might hold off from buying Babel until they have sorted out most of the issues with the Sine player. I can't afford to restart a slave multiple times if it freezes constantly.

...creating your own sound design/rhythms. This is actually one of the things I was hoping this library would inspire people to do. Arbos has some great content for creating interesting sound design textures and rhythms as well.

Hey @Frederik, thank you for your fantastic work on these packs, I'm loving the sounds in Arbos and Babel (haven't grabbed Amber... yet). I've been getting into musical sound design recently and these sounds are excellent source material as you point out. I was wondering if you'd be able to share the sound design process behind the Ambient Motion patches in the Textures section of Babel? Really loving those. Also, are more creative soundpacks planned?

Thanks for the info..! Well, I guess my wallet will thank me then)

Hey @Frederik, thank you for your fantastic work on these packs, I'm loving the sounds in Arbos and Babel (haven't grabbed Amber... yet). I've been getting into musical sound design recently and these sounds are excellent source material as you point out. I was wondering if you'd be able to share the sound design process behind the Ambient Motion patches in the Textures section of Babel? Really loving those. Also, are more creative soundpacks planned?
Hello Geoff, thank you! The main idea behind the ambient motion patches was to get interesting short snippets of samples with some sort of motion and sometimes pitch them down 2, 3 octaves and send this signal into a big atmospherical reverb. If you go into the mic positions you can actually listen to the CORE mic only, which is the dry signal. Hope this helps!
Edit: Oh and yes, more are planned :)

Sometimes the most challenging thing with a new, proprietary venture like this is to not take it personal, especially when you spend the money for the newer libraries and then spend personal time sorting out theissues on top of that.

I actually reached out again, and will be sending them crash logs and notes I've kept, though any further investigation on my part will be done in isolation, when I have a few minutes here and there. I can't use this in projects with a high degree of confidence, but trust in time that won't be the case. I guess I've paid forward, twice now, for something that will still be there for me to use eventually.
For many, the use of time and money is personal. Time, especially, is personal when it is spent away from family and (pandemic not withstanding) friends, attending to freezes and restarts and rebuilding an hour or two of work. That it is a proprietary venture makes the situation worse, not better. Proprietary systems tend to lock people out of functionality and access, which is rarely a step forward for users.

Keep in mind that this is time and money is spent on a product that could otherwise have been spent on a product in which we can have a high degree of confidence. Enough crashes across enough users makes a product indistinguishable from a beta. The notable difference being that users know not to expect stability from a beta.

For many, the use of time and money is personal. Time, especially, is personal when it is spent away from family and (pandemic not withstanding) friends, attending to freezes and restarts and rebuilding an hour or two of work. That it is a proprietary venture makes the situation worse, not better. Proprietary systems tend to lock people out of functionality and access, which is rarely a step forward for users.

Keep in mind that this is time and money is spent on a product that could otherwise have been spent on a product in which we can have a high degree of confidence. Enough crashes across enough users makes a product indistinguishable from a beta. The notable difference being that users know not to expect stability from a beta.
Absolutely yes and yes. I was simply attempting diplomatic nuance in a commercial thread.

My decade-plus history of reporting technical issues to OT has been mixed. The most productive responses I’ve received, even if just in tone, have come after swallowing some of my frustrations, and suppressing my tendency to shame. My lost time and sense of it being personal is real. Yet, they respond best when I’ve simply reported the bugs.

To be clear, I’ve always been a kind of “we are sorry you are having these difficulties” person in what I hope to hear. I’m not indulging anyone to absorb the growing pangs of their proprietary software, but for those who have, the only way to get it stable is to report the bugs. For me, it also means calculating the cost of personal time and energy (and regret for buying in so soon), and holding off on future purchases until there is more stability. Read into that a personal protest, if you will, or at least a pragmatic response to holding off on compelling releases until Sine is proven to be more reliable.

I’m wondering if I can mix the percussion from Arbos with instruments from ERA II. If anyone reading this has both, I’d love to know your thoughts!

Hey everyone,

We just released a DAW playthrough of Sascha Knorr's piece Attempts at Communication, which only uses the Creative Soundpacks Arbos, Babel, and Amber.

You can catch the full playthrough here:

We're interested to hear your thoughts. Let us know if you have any questions about the Creative Soundpacks. And for more info head to www.orchestraltools.com/creativesoundpacks.

As ever, please make sure you have the latest SINE version downloaded: www.getsine.com

Best,

OT

Last edited:
Amber turns out to be a solid library for movement, texture, realism... just wish I had access to the legato and envelope controls on my 13" MBP. Also getting crashes whenever I try loading a saved preset.

If not for these noted issues, I would have nabbed Babel at the intro price.

I am thinking about buying "Amber" but would love to see a more detailed review.
Has anyone made a detailed review yet? I've seen the one from Orchestral Tools, but I always love to see users do them.

Is here anyone who has bought it? What are you thoughts - would you recommend?

Thanks!

Top Bottom