What's new

Operatic Vocal Phrases

sneakymax

Need to find some operatic vocal samples, either "Ave Maria" or something slightly over-the-top since its for a comedy I'm scoring. Its been a while since I've had to use operatic vocal samples so not sure what's out there. Any help would be appreciated!

Need to find some operatic vocal samples, either "Ave Maria" or something slightly over-the-top since its for a comedy I'm scoring. Its been a while since I've had to use operatic vocal samples so not sure what's out there. Any help would be appreciated!
East West has one on sale now!

Ya, thanks, just don't want to deal with the Play engine. I'm seeing some sample CD's out there that might do the trick, just have to edit a little.

Thanks Martin, think I did see that library, really beautifull. I guess I'm after something a little unique here. Like I said its for a comedy and need something a little more 'over-the-top' meaning a soprano like Cecilia Bartoli singing Rossini....it just has a comic edge to it I think. I have a feeling most VST's don't really have something like that, but some sample CD's might.

Hi, sneakymax. VSL's Solo Voices is very oriented towards this sound and is quite playable, but lacks phrases. It's a nice tool for sketching out operatic vocal music without actually recording a singer. Voices of Rapture has nice phrases for adding classical "color," but is less suited towards traditional composition.

Ya, thanks, just don't want to deal with the Play engine. I'm seeing some sample CD's out there that might do the trick, just have to edit a little.

It already has Ava Maria phrases. Have you ever used Play? I never understand these issues people have, I have yet to hear a legitimate complaint with the latest versions.

It already has Ava Maria phrases. Have you ever used Play? I never understand these issues people have, I have yet to hear a legitimate complaint with the latest versions.
Ya, used Play for years, it was such a CPU hog, maybe its improved over the last couple of years. Not a bad price on sale if it has Ave Maria. I'll look into it, thanks.

I have a number of EW products including Symphonic Choirs and have found Play (including the most recent versions) to be extremely klunky to the point of being nearly unplayable. Maybe it's an OS X performance thing?

There's always Realitone's Realivox Ladies.

Go to 6:20 in the video and listen to Teresa.

IMHO, Realitone samples are very pretty, but not exactly operatic, especially when "played."

I have a number of EW products including Symphonic Choirs and have found Play (including the most recent versions) to be extremely klunky to the point of being nearly unplayable. Maybe it's an OS X performance thing?

IMHO, Realitone samples are very pretty, but not exactly operatic, especially when "played."
Interesting, after watching the EW Opera promo I was hoping Play had gotten better. I had most of EW's libraries about 7 or 8 years ago and gave up. Like you say, Play was unusable unless you were using only a few instances at a time. Try loading up a number of them like Kontakt libraries and forget it. That's too bad.

Hi Jeremy, I take it you have Voices of Opera? How many phrases does it contain from Ave Maria? or is it only one phrase..."Ave Maria"? Seems any review I see you only hear that one phrase. Thanks!

If you're going for over the top, the VOR soprano (and bass) can definitely sound very goofy (tenor and alto are much better)

Thanks Driscoll, I do like the quality of this libary. Do you know if the soprano has any phrases from Ave Maria by any chance?

Top Bottom