What's new

Olafur Arnalds Composer toolkit

Ultraxenon

I havent seen so much comments about this library on V.I, what do you think about it? and is Arnalds Evo and Albion Tundra a good choice for further exploring of these wonderfull soundscapes. I have seen all the YouTube videos and i think they sound amazing, but how does these librarys work together? I have to say the soundtrack from Broadchurch is fantastic. Arnalds is a genius!

The felt piano in olafur arnald's toolkit is by far the best felt piano I've used, I use it in everything.

Same here. Its gorgeous. Not entirely sure that the rest of the stuff is worth the full price as its all so minimal, but that's the beauty of it too. You can get a really quick Olafur sound between the toolkit and the strings (which are beautiful).

I don't have the toolkit but have the Evolutions and Tundra mix really well together.

I love the sound of OA Evolutions - so many different haunting sounds can be created and perfect for atmospheric music.

Tundra is just amazing!

Would like to get the OA toolkit but already have Spitfires Felt Piano which is nice too.

Have been watching Broadchurch lately and would love to play accordingly. Which of both Arnalds libraries would be best for this?

Thats Olafur's Beautiful Walnut Bechstein with felt strip recorded by Stanley.

Most of the synth sounds are Juno 60 through Roland Tape delay and EMT250 if that helps. Diva or Uno-62LX with similiar treatment is very close.

Would love to hear a Olafur PS-3100 library.

I'm a Evo addict but that's just me.

Have been watching Broadchurch lately and would love to play accordingly. Which of both Arnalds libraries would be best for this?

Hi,

I have the toolkit, the evo and tundra. The toolkit is worth for the felt piano alone it is really really beautiful and I use it in most tracks I'm doing. The evos are a bit hard to use imo - the sounds are very beautiful but i'd rather have more control over it.. I always feel it is almost great but never delivers exactly what I want from it. Tundra is just awesome - I love most features - the strings are stunning, the brass and winds are very good. The brunel loops are very useful for pads for instance.

The sounds do marry well together in all three libraries in my opinion if you mix them properly. I also recommend spitfire's brass library - it's one of my favourite libraries and it connects super well with the felt piano.

Beautiful felt. Very, very soft dynamics if needed. Using the alternate mics will yield some nice Nils Frahm tones. I'd like to see Olafur and SF come back and record some solo strings, even if it were just the longs with varying articulations.

Thanks for all the response. I know what to do. First buy the composer kit, i really want that piano and then Evo and Albion Tundra in some weeks (when i have the cash Thanks again for all the answers, it helps a lot.

Thats Olafur's Beautiful Walnut Bechstein with felt strip recorded by Stanley.

Most of the synth sounds are Juno 60 through Roland Tape delay and EMT250 if that helps. Diva or Uno-62LX with similiar treatment is very close.

Would love to hear a Olafur PS-3100 library.

I'm a Evo addict but that's just me.
Mmmmmm Bechstein...

It is equipped with the Moog Piano bar as well. I'm sure having Coles ribbon mics and Pultec clones does not hurt either.

Olafur Arnalds Composer toolkit

Mmmmmm Bechstein...

Top Bottom