What's new

Note Performer 3

Has anyone tried NP playback for a string quartet?
look, this is an xml Haydn file I've just downloaded, opened in finale, applied some reverb and a touch of eq, rendered to audio... can't be easier than that, done in 15 minutes.

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/haydn_op74_2-mp3.14785/][/AUDIOPLUS]

Attachments

• Haydn_op74_2.mp3
    2.8 MB · Views: 140
look, this is an xml Haydn file I've just downloaded, opened in finale, applied some reverb and a touch of eq, rendered to audio... can't be easier than that, done in 15 minutes.

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/haydn_op74_2-mp3.14785/][/AUDIOPLUS]
Thanks for taking the time to do that Rob, sounds pretty good.

Obviously not on a par with the stuff posted on your main Quartet thread with solo string libs - but pretty impressive considering how quick it was.

NP really is quite amazing and I'll definitely grab it! :2thumbs:

really enthusiast about this, since it's become available for Finale... great tool for writing orchestral, and possibly for any ensemble. It's great to be able to just sit and write, knowing that the software will take care of articulations, instrumental techniques, dynamics etc. Thank you Arne, I'm gonna find a lot of use for this little gem.
Here's a somewhat random bit in (classical) contemporary style, written in one hour as a test for the plugin. Apart from the Rhapsody timpani and marimba (which I liked better) it's all NP...

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/np1-mp3.13972/][/AUDIOPLUS]
Rob, this is frankly amazing. And I'm talking about the music not the production (which is also quite excellent). I totally dig the piece. I find I'm much better at composing directly into Sibelius than my DAWs these days. I can organize my musical thoughts better and work in a manner that I was trained in way back in the late '80s as a composition student. Well done sir!

Rob, this is frankly amazing. And I'm talking about the music not the production (which is also quite excellent). I totally dig the piece. I find I'm much better at composing directly into Sibelius than my DAWs these days. I can organize my musical thoughts better and work in a manner that I was trained in way back in the late '80s as a composition student. Well done sir!
Thank you David, I feel exactly the same, for a classical kind of writing. If I had to write for a rock band I'd feel more at ease in Cubase...
not that I write so often for rock bands... :)

Thank you David, I feel exactly the same, for a classical kind of writing. If I had to write for a rock band I'd feel more at ease in Cubase...
not that I write so often for rock bands... :)
Yes very true. for jazz or electronic writing or anything other than orchestral, DAW composing certainly is more effective. For orchestra, just the nature of its ergonomics, nothing beats traditional notation methodology.

I will say that I prefer the strings from NP2 to NP3. At least for section strings. They sound a little more lush.

Very impressive stuff. It'd be a real game changer if NP could figure out how to de-couple the look-ahead playback algorithms from the included sound set, i.e. if you could use the NP playback smarts with any (or certain supported) external orchestral libraries. How about a NP with a Spitfire or LASS plugin/driver that understands what CC's to send to these libraries? One can dream...

How about a NP with a Spitfire or LASS plugin/driver that understands what CC's to send to these libraries? One can dream...
Wallander Instruments doesn't work like samples, more like Samplemodeling (at least kind of). It also doesn't give any musical results when playing SM instruments and use the same CCs for other sample libraries. It's a different beast. So transferring Noteperformer to sample libraries is probably still a dream...

Top Bottom