What's new

Not a Competition, but a scoring challenge from Spitfire Audio for Hans Zimmer Month!

I had the same thought. Other than leaving a comment on my youtube page, not sure how else they could contact me about this, although I thoroughly enjoyed it either way.
On my Youtube accounts about page my email is publicly visible under contact for business inquiries, idk if everyone else's youtube is the same way. I had the same concern idk how they will go about contacting some people who didn't provide their email, or those who posted on Facebook, Instagram, etc.

On my Youtube accounts about page my email is publicly visible under contact for business inquiries, idk if everyone else's youtube is the same way. I had the same concern idk how they will go about contacting some people who didn't provide their email, or those who posted on Facebook, Instagram, etc.
That's a good tip. Thank you!

Anyone get any good news in their email? Today is the day they are reaching out to the winner supposedly!

I haven't received anything.
Same. Haven't seen Spitfire post much about it either since they put the video out either, kinda been very quiet about the whole thing. Hope they didn't forget about the 1000 of us that entered hahaha

Spitfire Audio have just announced a Scoring Challenge for Hans Zimmer Month.

Check out: https://www.spitfireaudio.com/, and scroll down to Dan Keen’s section where there are links to download the video, and for t&cs.

#hanszimmermonth

Also see Dan’s video on scoring to picture using Hans Zimmer Libraries here:

Impressed with the approach from some composers on here. One always wonders which strand to emphasise, whether to go for the literal approach, philosophical / spiritual approach or the minimalist. Well I had a go too. See what you think.

Impressed with the approach from some composers on here. One always wonders which strand to emphasise, whether to go for the literal approach, philosophical / spiritual approach or the minimalist. Well I had a go too. See what you think
Impressed with the approach from some composers on here. One always wonders which strand to emphasise, whether to go for the literal approach, philosophical / spiritual approach or the minimalist. Well I had a go too. See what you think.

Well, Spitfire Audio just commented on my entry on Instagram 10 mins ago (not to say I've won, but a clapping hands emoji which is nice!), so maybe there's so many entries that they're still going through them...
I wasn't sure how to take the "share on social media" part. I shared here and in the Spitfire group on Facebook, but perhaps that doesn't count?

Just FYI - I noticed on the Spitfire forums that they have confirmed on Instagram they are still working through entries. No winner yet.

They may have underestimated their social media popularity 😆
Yeah I don’t think they anticipated 1000 entries, since the original deadline was Tuesday night, winner announced on Friday. Thats something like 25 hours of clips hahaha

In the Spitfire website forum. This competition was a little tough to figure out the rules for entry. It just said to post to social media but I only posted mine to YouTube and then the Spitfire forum after the deadline. Oh well. Congrats to the winner and thanks to Spitfire for giving us the film to score.

Top Bottom