What's new

Nordic Echoes - UPDATE: Improvising the Rohan-theme from LOTR

I didn't read every post in this thread but: legato is unlooped based on the videos on page one, right?

Will there be looped longs?
Because there were some lines where I thought it's rather short before it ends.

I didn't read every post in this thread but: legato is unlooped based on the videos on page one, right?

Will there be looped longs?
Because there were some lines where I thought it's rather short before it ends.
Correct! I'm doing tests about the loops right now, and will give updates once I have something more to show off.

Correct! I'm doing tests about the loops right now, and will give updates once I have something more to show off.
Dependent on the instrument, loops can often suck the life out of a sample library. Solo strings are particulary vulnearble, as I suspect they will not loop well across bow changes. And one bow, doesn´t that last between 1 and 4, maybe five seconds, depending on dynamics? I really hope Norcic Echoes can be used without needing looped material, and that the loops will just be provided as something extra for users who can´t live without it.

Last edited:
Dependent on the instrument, loops can often suck the life out of a sample library. Solo strings are particulary vulnearble, as I suspect they will not loop well across bow changes. And one bow, doesn´t that last between 1 and 4, maybe five seconds, depending on dynamics? I really hope Norcic Echoes can be used without needing looped material, and that the loops will just be provided as something extra for users who can´t live without it.
This is correct.

A little late to the discussion, but the first thing I thought of when I read troll fiddle was:
Screenshot_20240113-091145~2.png
Not:
Screenshot_20240113-090527~2.png

...and I'm Australian not Norwegian. I think it's fine to use troll in this context.
Glad to hear that! The library is heavily focused on traditional elements and playing style, so keeping the traditional names as well just resonates with me.

Top Bottom