What's new

Nightsky - cinematic texture

Celestial Aeon

I wanted to try something texturelike this time and combined Spitfire alternative solo strings with NOVO, 8Dio Insolidus and Spitfire British Drama and some small Omnisphere 2 details. End outcome is quite organic in my opinion with lots of intricate details and movement.

Compositionwise I wanted to try this idea where there is constant drone layer of C and F on the background and then the harmonies and melodic elements on top focus on mostly sharp notes, creating tension and release.

Love it.
Excellent textural work, very painterly.
You create a good balance of warm and cold, distance and closeness, an icy soundscape traversed by some streams of emotion (nice touch with the vocals).
:2thumbs:

Thank you so much for your kind feedback everyone, so glad to hear you enjoyed it!

One of my favourite composers in this sense is late Jóhann Jóhannsson. I still remember the first time I heard Fordlandia and it has stayed with me ever since. The way he manages to take a simple element and then just build upon it without doing much is exceptional and often I yearn to follow that certain stylistical choice. Arvo Pärt is another one who has beautiful in a way minimalistic compositions.

Thank you so much for your kind feedback everyone, so glad to hear you enjoyed it!

One of my favourite composers in this sense is late Jóhann Jóhannsson. I still remember the first time I heard Fordlandia and it has stayed with me ever since. The way he manages to take a simple element and then just build upon it without doing much is exceptional and often I yearn to follow that certain stylistical choice. Arvo Pärt is another one who has beautiful in a way minimalistic compositions.
I love Johann's work. Such a loss. A bit of a departure, but check out his IBM 1401: A Users Manual. Fordlandia is great as well.

IBM 1401 is wonderful as well and what a concept! So imaginative! From the soundtrack side of things I have to mention mr. @Rctec and the Thin Red Line - a soundtrack that should be more well known for many reasons. One of my more influential personal inspirations as well.

Top Bottom